Juniper Research's ‘Edge Processing in IoT’ research provides a comprehensive evaluation of the origin, challenges, advantages, key drivers and future outlook of the Edge processing market. It offers an in-depth assessment of the key stakeholders; including start-ups, IT leaders and advanced technological innovations, such as AI and machine learning algorithms, that are collectively shaping Edge processing.
This research provides crucial insights for industries, particularly manufacturing, transport, utilities and telecommunications, which face a critical, significant need to collate, process and analyse data in real-time at the source of data generation, to facilitate intelligent decision making.
This report has also been produced to help the aforementioned industries deepen their understanding of the different strengths, opportunities and weaknesses of Edge processing services and products presented by the following players:
- Amazon Web Services
- SWIM AI
- Litmus Automation
This research explores which industries seek to gain significantly from utilising Edge processing, as well as analyses which key players and factors are driving adoption of this technology.
This research suite includes:
- Market Trends & Vendor Strategies (PDF)
- 5-year Market Sizing & Forecast Spreadsheet (Excel)
- 12 months' access to harvest online data platform
- Competitive Landscape: In-depth analysis of key players offering Edge processing; Juniper Research explores:
- The strengths of these players' Edge processing business models
- Industry experiences and assets that are collectively supporting adoption of their Edge processing services and products by different industries, companies, markets and/or regions
- Market Dynamics: Strategic analysis of the major drivers, challenges and innovations shaping the adoption and development of Edge processing:
- Enhancing the value of Edge processing through technological innovation
- The future strategic direction and market outlook for Edge processing
- Key issues organisations must address to adopt and advance Edge processing
- Interviews: With experts on IoT and Edge processing from the following organisations:
- Market Analysis: Analysis of annual spend on Mobile Edge Computing and Fog computing during 2019-2024, split by 8 key regions
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Key forecasts for size and growth of the market, including:
- Total Annual Spend on Mobile Edge Computing by region
- Total Annual Operator Spend on Mobile Edge Computing by region
- Total Number of Mobile Edge Computing Nodes deployed by region
- Total Annual Spend on Fog Computing by region
- Total Number of Businesses that have deployed Fog Computing by region
- Juniper Research Leaderboard: 15 players offering Edge processing compared, scored and positioned on the Juniper Research Leaderboard.
- 1. What is Edge processing and how is its significance developing in IoT?
- 2. Which regions and markets are spending the most annually on Edge computing by 2024?
- 3. What will the total annual spend on Fog computing by 2024?
- 4. Which key players are offering Edge processing and what are the strengths and strategic opportunities of these players in this field?
- 5. What are the challenges that industries must consider when utilising Edge processing?
- 6. What is the opportunity for mobile operators in Edge processing?
- Interviewed: Adlink, Oracle, SAP, Siemens.
- Profiled: Adlink, AWS, Bosch, ClearBlade, Eurotech, FogHorn, Interactor, Lutmus Automation, Nymea, Rigado, Siemens, Swim, Telit, VMware, WICASTR.
- Mentioned: Accenture, Akamai, Alibaba, AMAX, Amazon, AMD, Annapurna, Apple, ARM, Arrow Electronics, AT&T, Atos, Avnet, Baidu, Bluetooth, BNSF Railway, BSquare, C3.ai, Canonical, CBRE, CenturlyLink, China Telecom, Cisco, Corvalent, Dell, Deutsche Telekom, Digi International, Digi Key, DigiCert, Digital International, EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development), Eclipse IoT, EdgeTensor, EdgeX Foundry, EnBW, ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute), European Union, FUJISOFT, Fujitsu, Future Electronics, General Electric, Google, guh, Gyrfalcon Technology , Haltian, Hitachi, HOLMER, HP, HPE, Huawei, Hudson Yards, IBM, Intel, Klika, Kontakt, KPN, Lanner Electronics, Lenovo, LG Electronics, LiPPERT, Losant, MacroBloc, MConnected, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Molex Automotive, Mongoose, Mouser Electronics, Nanotron Technologies, NextBus, Nissan, Nordic Semiconductor, NTT DoCoMo, NVIDIA, NXP Semiconductors, OCP (Open Compute Project), Octonion, Omnetric Group, Onset, Open Fog Consortium, Panasonic, Penta, PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group), Primetals Technologies, Prismtech, PTC Kepware, Qualcomm Technologies, Rackspace, Radius Networks, Raspberry Pi, Redhat, Renault, Rexel, ROS-Industrial Consortium, Ruuvi, Samsung, SAS, SGET (Standardization Group for Embedded Technologies), SK Telekom, SMIGHT, SoftBank, Stanley Black & Decker, STMicroelectronics, Sweet Blue, Technicolor, Telefonica, Telstra, The Linux Foundation, Thread Group, Tieto, T-Mobile, Unbuntu, United Nations, Verizon, VH, Virtustream, Vodafone, Vue.ai, Wapmag, Westburne, Windriver, WiPro, Wirepas, Wistron, Xnor.ai, Zhuzhou China, ZTE.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper Research's ‘Edge Processing’ forecast suite includes:
5-year benchmark forecasts with key metrics by 8 key regions:
- Number of businesses deploying Edge Computing; Annual Spend on Mobile Edge Computing by region, Annual Operator Spend on Mobile Edge Computing by region; Number of Mobile Edge Computing Nodes in Operation by region: Annual Spend on Fog Computing by region; Number of Businesses that have deployed Fog Computing by region
- Interactive Excel Scenario tool allowing the user to manipulate Juniper's data for 7 different metrics
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 44 tables and more than 5800 datapoints
Juniper Research's highly granular interactive Excels enable clients to manipulate Juniper Research's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.