Juniper Research's ‘Digital Banking ’ research report provides a fresh look at the banking market which is in a state of flux; offering an extensive analysis of how the rise of digital-only banks, as well as digital transformation by incumbents, is revolutionising the banking market. This is accompanied by insightful player positioning.
The research report also assesses how the introduction of API-based banking, inclusive of Open Banking and BaaS (Banking-as-a-Service), is having a dramatic effect on the market; enabling traditionally non-banking players to make inroads into the banking market. The research provides best practice recommendations based on these trends, and an outlook of what these disruptions mean for the banking market in the future.
This research suite comprises:
- Deep Dive Strategy & Competition (PDF)
- 5-Year Deep Dive Data & Forecasting (PDF & Excel)
- Executive Summary & Core Findings (PDF)
- 12 months' Access to harvest Online Data Platform
- Market Dynamics: Detailed analysis of the current state of the banking market and future outlook, examining:
- Rising Neo/Challenger Bank Adoption
- Robotic Process Automation in Banking
- The Importance of Engagement to Banking
- Blockchain in Banking
- Open Banking Outlook & Regional Analysis
- BaaS Future Outlook
- Juniper Research Digital Transformation Readiness Index: Analyses 30 global Tier 1 banks to evaluate their digital transformation readiness scores and highlight their respective positioning in the digital innovation roadmap.
- Juniper Research Digital-only Bank Positioning Index: Analyses 30 emerging and innovative digital-only banks that have the potential to disrupt traditional banking models.
- Interviews: Leading stakeholders in the digital banking market interviewed, including:
- Juniper Research Leaderboard: Key player capability and capacity assessment for 15 BaaS vendors:
- BBVA Open Platform
- Cross River
- Fidor Solutions
- Green Dot
- Singular Banking
- Starling Bank
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Provided for the size and growth of digital banking, including user adoption and transaction values.
- 1. What are the regional differences in how Open Banking is rolling out across the world?
- 2. What are the key trends influencing the evolution of the banking market?
- 3. How are traditional banks digitally transforming and which banks are leading these efforts?
- 4. Which digital-only banks are leading the market?
- 5. What effect will the introduction of BaaS have and what are the leading platforms?
- Interviewed: ACI Worldwide, Bankable, Comviva, Experian, Infobip, Tink.
- Profiled: 11:FS, Bankable, Bankmobile, BBVA Open Platform, Cambr, ClearBank, Cross River, Fidor Solutions, Green Dot, Marqeta, Singular Banking, solarisBank, Starling Bank, TietoEVRY, Treezor.
- Case Studied: Emma, Experian, NuBank, personetics, R3, Temenos, Tink.
- Included in Juniper Research Readiness Index: Agricultural Bank of China, Banco Santander, Bank of America, Bank of China, Barclays, BBVA, BNP Paribas, BPCE, China Construction Bank, Citi, DBS Bank, Deutsche Bank, Emirates NBD, Equity Bank, HDFC Bank, HSBC, ICBC, JP Morgan Chase, Maybank, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, QNB, RBS/NatWest, Sberbank, SBI, Société Générale, Standard Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui, UniCredit, United Bank for Africa, Wells Fargo.
- Included in Juniper Research Vendor Positioning Index: Ally Bank, Atom Bank, Banco Original, BankMobile, Boursorama Banque, digibank, Discover Bank, Fidor, GoBank, Hello Bank, Jibun Bank, Kakao Bank, Koho, Monese, Monzo, MYbank, N26, NuBank, Orange Bank, Paytm Payments Bank, Revolut, Rocketbank, SBI Sumishin, Simple, Starling Bank, Tandem, Timo, TransferWise, WeBank.
- Mentioned: 7 Eleven, ABN AMRO, ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission), AccountNow, ADIB, AIFC, Airtel Payments Bank, AlBakara, Amazon, American Express, Aplazame, Apple, Applica, Arkea Banking Services, Association of Banks, Auka, Axis Bank, Azlo, Banco Central do Brasil (Central Bank of Brazil), Bank of Tokyo, Barclaycard, Behavox, Betterment, Borse Stuttgart, Caixa Geral de Depósitos, Catch, Cisco, Cogni, Coinbase, Connected Money, Customers Bank, CyberSmart, Data61, Dell Technologies, Deloitte, Despegar.com, Digit, Digital Risks, Ditto Bank, DNB, Dozens, DXC Technology, EBA, Enable, EPAM, equensWorldline, EVRY, Facebook, FCA, FICO, Fino Payments Bank, Flagship Community Bank, Flux, FreeAgent, General Atlantic, Goldman Sachs, Google, Growth Street, HPE, IBM, India Post Payments Bank, Intuit Turbotax, Joust, KDDI, Klarna, Kmart, Konsentus, Kontist, Kraft Bank, LendKey, Libeo, Lloyds Bank, Lunar, Lunchr, Lydia, Marginalen Bank, MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore), Mastercard, MBNA, McAfee, Metro Bank, Microsoft, Modo, Molo, MoneyLion, MoneyPak, Morning, National Bank of Rwanda, Nationwide Building Society, Natixis, Neuberger Berman, Nimbla, O2 Banking, OakNorth, Octane, Office of Comptroller of Currency, OpenFin, Oracle, Otkritie Financial Corp Bank, PayPal, PayStream, pENSIONbEE, Peoples Trust Company, Plaid, Prodocon, Q2, Qapital, QIWI, Qonto, QuickBooks, Raisin, RAK Bank, RapidPay, RBI (Reserve Bank of India), Red Hat, Ripple, Royale Oceanic, RS2 Software, RushCard, Salesforce, Samsung, SAP, SEB, Smava, Sodra, So sure, Sparqa Legal, Spendesk, Stash, StoneCastle, Tail, TD Bank, Tide, T-Mobile, Token, Tomorrow, Trade Republic, Transact Payments, Trestle Group, Trulioo, Uber, UnderPinned, Upgrade, Valtech, Van Lanschot, Visa, VMWare, Walmart, WealthSimple, WeChat, Wise, Xero, YAPEAL, Yes Bank, Yolt.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper Research's ‘Digital Banking ’ forecast suite includes:
- Forecast splits for 8 key regions, as well as 12 country-level data splits for:
- Banking platform splits by:
- PC & Desktop
- Mobile Handset
- Banking transaction segment splits by:
- Banking Information Services & Alerts
- Bill Payment & Presentment Services
- Interactive Scenario Tool allowing users to manipulate Juniper Research's data for 15 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 70 tables and more than 9,500 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular IFxls (interactive Excels) enable clients to manipulate our forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool, and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.