Juniper Research's “In-game Gambling & Loot Boxes” research is a thorough analysis of the ways in which these increasingly important aspects of in-game monetisation are changing in response to consumer behaviour and legislative trends. It provides an in-depth discussion on these products, as well as how the in-game monetisation market is changing around them.
The report provides extensive forecasts and analysis of the future outlook for this key market segment; examining the strategies that leading video games publishers and developers are using to respond to the changing landscape.
The research includes:
- Market Trends & Opportunities (PDF)
- 5-Year Market Sizing & Forecast Spreadsheet (Excel)
- 12 months' Access to harvest Online Data Platform
- Market Dynamics: Extensive examination of different approaches to loot boxes and skins gambling; highlighting different features that are becoming part of popular games and how this fits into the overall in-game monetisation landscape.
- Legislation Assessment: Analysis of existing and forthcoming legislation on loot boxes and skins gambling across several key markets, including:
- The EU
- The Netherlands
- South Korea
- 5-Year Forecasts - Loot boxes & skins gambling market prospects analysis, together with 5-year forecasts for key metrics, including loot box revenue, adoption and purchase rates across mobile, PC and console games platforms.
- harvest Digital Markets Intelligence Centre: Visualises all the data in easy to use and exportable graphs, tables, and charts, and features continuous data updates for 12 months.
- 1. What impact will forthcoming legislation have on the in-game gambling market?
- 2. Where will the biggest market for this sector be?
- 3. How can video games publishers make the most of loot boxes?
- 4. What other market developments will affect the sector?
- 5. What revenue will the loot boxes market generate over the next 5 years?
- Case Studied: Blizzard Entertainment, CSGO Lounge, Electronic Arts, Epic Games, Rollbit.
- Mentioned: 2K Games , Apple, ARJEL (National Gaming Authority), Belgian Gaming Commission, Bet365, Bethesda, Big Fish Games , Bungie, CS:GO Diamonds , CSGO Lotto, Danish Regulatory Authority , DCMS (Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) , DGCCRF (General Directorate for Competition Policy, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control) , DMarket, Dota2wage.com, ESA (Entertainment Software Association), eSportsPools, ESRB (Entertainment Software Ratings Board), Ethereum, Facebook, FIFA, Google, House of Commons , House of Lords Gambling Committee , IGDA (International Game Developers Association) , Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission, Kantan Games, King, Konami, Korea Association of Game Industry, MGM Grand, Microsoft, National Health Service , Netherlands Gaming Authority , Netmarble, Nexon, NextFloor, NFL, Nintendo, Norway's Gaming Authority , Norwegian Tipping , Perfect World, Psyonix, PUBG Corp, Reddit, Riot Games, Sony, South Korean Fair Trade Commission, South Korean Games Ratings Board , Steam, SteamLoto, Take-Two, the TIGA (Independent Game Developers' Association), Twitch, Ubisoft, UK Gambling Commission , University of British Columbia, University of York , Valve, Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, Washington State Gambling Commission , Wedbush Securities, YouTube, Zhengtu Network, Zynga.
DATA & INTERACTIVE FORECAST
Juniper Research's “In-Game Gambling & Loot Boxes” forecast suite includes:
- Loot box data for:
- Number of loot box purchasers
- Average number of loot boxes purchased per user
- Average revenue per loot box
- Loot box revenue per annum
- For each of the following platforms:
- Skins gambling data, including:
- Number of people involved in skins trading
- Number of skins listed for trade
- Value of skins listed for trade
- Number of skins listed for gambling
- Value of skins gambled
- Each forecast is split by 8 key regions, as well as 25 country-level data splits for:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Interactive Scenario Tool allowing users to manipulate Juniper Research's data for 14 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 48 tables and more than 10,000 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular Interactive Forecast Excels (IFxls) enable clients to manipulate Juniper Research's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions by using the Interactive Scenario Tool, and compare select markets and sectors side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.