COVID-19 continues to be a dominant issue for healthcare systems worldwide and in the United States. Kalorama Information has covered the fields of molecular diagnostics, immunoassays, vaccines and telehealth. These all find themselves both sought-after and challenged during the current COVID-19 crisis. This report provides trending developments, company announcements and analysis from the Kalorama analysis team on the fast-breaking events in the COVID-19 epidemic.
Particular sections address the most important market changes:
- Molecular Diagnostics: COVID-19 has seen the molecular in vitro diagnostics (IVD) industry bring out its best efforts in terms of fast test RT-PCR tests for their systems, point of care solutions, syndromic tests, high throughput systems and surge production on badly needed kits.
- Antigen and Antibody Tests: Never have immunoassays been of such worldwide attention, as antibody tests are greatly sought. With this, come concerns about accuracy levels on broad populations and greater knowledge about development times. There are now immunoassays in development. We track these efforts and provide commentary on the role of these tests in a threat so far dominated by molecular diagnostics.
- Vaccines: We look at the vaccines in development and the struggles with vaccine discovery and manufacturing in other pandemics.
- Life Science Research - what are the trends in experiments and publications, how has COVID-19 affected lab research volume and tools markets.
- Remote Patient Monitoring: Already a healthcare trend that was catching on but perhaps struggling to convince payors of its critical necessity, remote patient monitoring and telehealth transformed overnight with social distancing policies and relaxed HIPAA rules. Kalorama has contacted a number of companies for October 2020 updates.
As part of this report's offerings, the following information is included:
- Market for COVID-19 by Type: PCR, Antigen, Antibody
- Market for COVID-19 by Region: US, Europe, Asia, ROW
- Current EUA Test Approvals
- Antigen COVID-19 Tests
- Overall Clinical Lab Volume Trends (April to September)
- Market for Telehealth and COVID-19 Impact
- Telehealth Company Responses to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Vaccines in Development
- COVID-19 Vaccine Pre Sales
This report does not seek to provide a data-driven market assessment due to the rapidly-changing situation, but does provide analyst commentary that may assist customers needing to work out models. Some of Kalorama Information's market estimates provide foundational bases on which to judge potential market impact.
Commentary and analysis from Kalorama authors who have studied markets in some cases for decades add understanding to the current, often chaotic, market atmosphere. Further publications and surveys from Kalorama Information will provide additional market impact data.
Companies Discussed Include:
- American Well (Amwell)
- Ascom Holding
- Astra Zeneca
- Beckman Coulter
- Becton Dickinson
- Cue Health
- Doctor On Demand
- Eko Devices
- G Medical Innovations Holding Ltd.
- General Devices
- Johnson and Johnson
- Teladoc Health