Smart grid technology combines traditional grid infrastructure with the
advantages of advanced internet technology, with the aim of improving the
efficiency of electricity supply as well as decreasing consumption by
providing real-time information. The global smart grid market is expected to
experience strong expansion during the following decade. However, the industry
faces two crucial issues which remain to be addressed in the coming years: the
merging of interoperability standards and more consistent integration of
renewable energy into the grid. Once those two obstacles have been resolved
large scale deployment of smart grid projects will become reality. Visiongain
calculates that global smart grid market in 2012 will total $33.91bn.
During the period 2012-2013, the smart grid market will be marked by shifting
from smart metering implementation to actual realisation of the grid
infrastructure. In addition, the goal of the regulators will be to promote
decarbonisation of the economy through implementation of smart grid
technology. Even though, in the short run the smart grid market will be
negatively influenced by the economic hardship in Europe as well as by the
slower growth in the emerging world, overall the industry is expected to
experience strong growth.
The report also describes the most important technological changes within the
smart grid industry and assesses their importance for the growth of the market
over the long-term. The various drivers and restraints of the market are
evaluated in order to provide readers with specific insights into the future
direction of the smart grid market.
How much is going to be spent in regional smart grid markets for
implementation of smart electricity infrastructure between 2012 and 2022? Who
are the leading companies in the smart grid industry? Where are the growth
opportunities over the next decade - in which regions and with which type of
technology? These critical questions and many more are definitively answered
in this comprehensive report.
Unique Selling Points
- Global smart grid market forecasts and analysis for 2012-2022.
- 66 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the
changing dynamics of the smart grid market between 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the main drivers and restraints in the global smart grid market
- Forecasts and analysis for the four submarkets from 2012-2022: advanced
metering infrastructure (AMI), distribution automation, home area networking
(HAN) and smart utility enterprise.
- Forecasts and analysis for five regional smart grid markets for the period
- SWOT analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing
the smart grid market over the next ten years.
- Exclusive interviews with six leading companies in the smart grid market
underpinning forecasts and analysis.
- Profiles of 50 of the leading smart grid companies subdivided into 6
categories: FAN/AMI, Grid Optimisation, Smart Meter Manufacturer, Meter Data
Management, Demand Response and System Development and Integration.
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a broad
and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad
industry overview. Visiongain sought opinions from leading figures in the
smart grid market to underpin the analysis and market forecasts. The study
draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements,
media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a
basis for discussing and predicting developments in the smart grid market
between 2012 and 2022.
Visiongain considers that this methodology results in an accurate, objective
mixture of analyses and forecasts.
Why you should buy The Smart Grid Market 2012-2022
- You will receive forecasts and analysis of the global smart grid market
between 2012-2022, including in-depth analysis of the main drivers and
- You will obtain exclusive interviews with experts from six of the leading
companies in the smart grid market, underpinning the forecasts and analysis.
- DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability
- Powerit Solutions
- S&C Electric Company Ltd.
- Tropos Networks
- You will find 66 tables, charts, and graphs that quantify, analyse and
forecast the smart grid market from 2012-2022.
- You will find forecasts and analysis of the four smart grid submarkets
over the period 2012-2022:
- Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) market
- Distribution automation market
- Home area networking (HAN) market
- Smart utility enterprise
- You will be presented with forecasts for the five regional smart grid
markets for the period 2012-2022:
- North America
- Latin America
- The Middle East & Africa
- Further analysis is provided within each region for smart grid
developments for the 15 leading countries in those regions including:
- South Korea
- You will gain profiles of 50 leading smart grid companies subdivided into
the following 6 categories:
- Grid Optimisation,
- Smart Meter Manufacturer
- Meter Data Management
- Demand Response
- System Development and Integration
- You will receive a SWOT analysis that examines the smart grid market from
What is the structure of the report?
- Chapter 1 is an executive summary for the smart grid market.
- Chapter 2 is an introduction to the smart grid market.
- Chapter 3 offers an overview of the global smart grid market with
visiongain's exclusive forecast from 2012-2022, with detailed analysis of the
specific drivers and restraints. In addition, analysis of the following four
smart grid submarkets is offered: advanced metering infrastructure (AMI),
distribution automation, home area networking (HAN) and smart utility
enterprise. Each sub-market is also forecast over the ten years from 2012-2022.
- Chapter 4 provides the forecasts and national market analysis for the
regional smart grid markets from 2012-2022, including: North America, the
Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East & Africa.
- Chapter 5 outlines the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in
a SWOT analysis of the smart grid market.
- Chapter 6 offers the expert opinions of 6 specialists from leading
companies involved in the smart grid market.
- Chapter 7 presents the profiles of 50 leading companies within the smart
grid market, divided into FAN/AMI, Grid Optimisation, Smart Meter
Manufacturer, Meter Data Management, Demand Response and System Development
and Integration company groupings.
- Chapter 8 is a summary of the report, outlining the main conclusions of
- Chapter 9 is a glossary of acronyms used in the report