AGV and AMR Market worth ~$20 Billion by 2028 - First and Exclusive Market Research Study Covering All Traditional and New Applications like Logistics, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Shipping, Disinfection, Retail and Inventory Management, Security and Inspection, Agriculture, Hospital Assistance, Indoor and Outdoor Delivery, Cleaning, Tele-presence and Tele-operation, and Data Platforms & Remote Sensing.
Mobile Robots (AGV and AMR Market) are enabling the optimization of space in warehouse facilities in logistics and manufacturing and can reduce the need for new and costly green field fulfillment and distribution centers. While new centers are still being built, they are being built with robots and other automation in mind. Even these robotic systems are flexible and can be added or removed as per the requirement. But we are witnessing new applications of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) apart from logistics and manufacturing due to advancement in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Vision, manipulation capabilities for automatic picking and placing, and robotic mechanics.
As per LogisticsIQ™ latest market research study (4th Edition), AGV and AMR Market is expected to reach ~$20B Billion by 2028 with a growth rate of around 22% and 37% for AGV and AMR respectively. Both AGVs and AMRs collectively are going to cross the installed base of 2.7 million in 2028 to make the mobile robots a new normal in our day-to-day operational activities.
The 4th edition of this post-pandemic AGV and AMR business research is first and exclusive market study covering new emerging applications like Healthcare, Disinfection, Retail and Inventory Management, Security and Inspection, Agriculture, Hospital Assistance, Indoor and Outdoor Delivery, Cleaning, Tele-presence and Tele-operation, and Data Platforms & Remote Sensing apart from old revenue sources like Logistics and Manufacturing. AGV and AMR market study is having a market analysis of more than 650 players (part of our exclusive AGV/AMR Market Map), Key Navigation Technologies, Major Form factors & Functions, Targeted Industry Verticals & Applications, and 20+ geographical regions. Analysis is validated through 100+ in-depth interviews across the value chain with components and technology providers, system integrators, robot manufacturers (OEM/ODM), robotic software & service providers, and end-user industry verticals. Apart this, study also focuses on different components and integral parts of AGV/AMR like Motion Control, Batteries & Chargers, Cameras / Vision Sensor, LiDAR, Sensor Fusion, QR Code and Wireless Communication. Market size and forecast database is also available in excel format to analyse and strategize further along with 156 market tables. It is a best reference to analyse the market attractiveness, to identify the partner, customer or supplier, to check the competitive landscape, to benchmark the new technologies and to select the right geography & industry vertical for your products and services. Voice and opinion of end-users have been taken as the key parameter for this market forecast.
AGV and AMR Market - Highlights:
- Industry witnessed a good growth in 2022 despite of customers' capex cut, inflationary pressure, supply chain disruption & geopolitical uncertainties and registered approximate USD 5 Billion sales in 2022. Around 670,000 mobile robots (AGVs & AMRs) are expected to be shipped in 2028 only with an installed base of 2.7 million
- AMRs are supposed to grow with a CAGR of ~37% between 2023 and 2028 and are going to be more attractive market as compared to AGVs by 2028 with relatively more shipment and TAM share.
- United States, Germany, U.K., and China are going to lead the market with an annual demand of more than 350,000 mobile robots (AGV & AMR) by 2028.
- Goods to Person (G2P) and Person to Goods (P2G), both type of AMRs are having their own market with some advantages and disadvantage. It depends on what exactly can be more efficient and cost-effective solution for your existing or new warehouse.
- Picking Robots, Manipulator Robots, Case Handling Robots, and Sortation Robots are going to emerge as a new important category by 2028, specially in micro-fulfillment space.
- China is supposed to be hub for Autonomous Mobile Robots, both in terms of demand and supply as it is expected that Made in China AMRs will be 30%-40% more economical due to labour cost advantages and huge volume consumption in China itself.
- After QR code, LiDAR, Vision Cameras and Sensor Fusions are the key navigation technologies to be commercialized in this space due to flexibility, safety concerns and higher accuracy. Even Sensor Fusion AMRs are expected to grow with ~70% growth rate. There are dedicated companies (Autonomy Service Providers) for navigation technology and software who are supporting mobile robot manufacturers to build such capabilities with the help of AI and Machine Vision.
- Delivery, Security, and Cleaning are the emerging applications to target with an attractive growth of ~30% apart from logistics and manufacturing although absolute market size is relatively low.
Key Players Analyzed:
- AGV & AMR: Geek+, Quicktron (Flashhold), ForwardX Robotics, GreyOrange, HikRobot (HikVision), Mobile Industrial Robots - MiR (Teradyne), inVia Robotics, 6 River Systems - 6RS (Ocado Group), Fetch Robotics (Zebra), JATEN, IAM Robotics, Locus Robotics, Vecna Robotics, Waypoint Robotics (Locus Robotics), Tompkins Robotics, Scallog, OTTO Motors (Clearpath Robotics), GIDEON Brothers, Magazino GmbH, NextShift Robotics (JASCI), AutoGuide Mobile Robots (MiR, Teradyne), EiraTech Robotics, Aethon (ST Engineering), Prime Robotics (BLEUM), HAI Robotics, Bionic HIVE, Oppent, PAL Robotics, Matthews Automation Solutions (Matthews International), GUOZI Robotics, CAJA Robotics, Omron (Adept Technology), Guidance Automation (Matthews International), Syrius Robotics, MALU Innovation (JD), Eurotec (Lowpad), Mitsubishi Logisnext Europe Oy (Rocla), NeoBotix, John Bean Technologies (JBT Corporation), Transbotics (Scott Group), CSG Huaxiao, EK-Robotics (EK Automation), OCEANEERING, Wellwit Robotics, Logistic-Jet, SEEGRID, BALYO, Mushiny, TÜNKERS Maschinenbau GmbH, CPM - Dürr Group, SEER, FlexQube, IDEALworks GmbH, Continental Mobile Robots, SEER, DS Automotion (SS Schaefer)
- System Integrators (SI): Daifuku, Dematic (KION Group), SSI-Schaefer, Vanderlande (Toyota Advanced Logistics), Swisslog (KUKA), Knapp, Murata Machinery Ltd., Elettric 80, Beumer Group, Witron Logistik + Informatik, TGW Logistics, Grenzebach GmbH, FIVES Group, Honeywell Intelligrated, Bastian Solutions (Toyota Advanced Logistics), Material Handling System (MHS), Jungheinrich AG, LODIGE Industries, ViaStore Systems, Interlake Macalux, Kardex, AutoStore, DMW&H, Westfalia, Dambach AG, PSB intralogistics GmbH, SIASUN Robot Automation Co., Ltd., SAVOYE, OPEX Corporation, System Logistics (Krones Group), GÜDEL, Addverb Technologies, Lodamaster Group, KPI Integrated Solutions, Wayzim Technology
- Autonomy Service Providers (ASP): Brain Corporation, Bluebotics, KOLLMORGEN, Autonomous Solutions, Inc. (ASI), MOVEL AI, MOV AI, FREEDOM ROBOTICS, ROBOMINDS, PERCEPTIN, ROMB Technologies, Balyo, Seegrid, Vecna Robotics
- Machine Vision & Imaging: Basler AG, Keyence, Omron Microscan, Cognex
- Disinfection Robots: UVD Robotics, Sarcos Robotics, Techmetics Robotics, Wellwit, Geek+, Fybots, Sherpa, Akara, MiR, Sesto, LionsBot, SmartGuardUV, Milvus, Revotonix, YouiBot
- Retail & Inventory Management Robots: Bossa Nova Robotics, Simbe Robotics, Badger Technologies, Lowe's - LoweBot (Powered by Fellow AI), Fetch Robotics, Brain Corporation
- Indoor Delivery Robots: Bear Robotics, Keenon Robotics, Savioke Inc., Rice Robotics, Pudu, PAL Robotics, Keenon, Savioke, Segway Robotics, Anscer, Aethon
- Security and Inspection Robots: Cobalt Robotics, Knightscope Robotics, OTSAW Digital, SMP Robotics, Enova, Secom, AgileX
- Tele-operated / Telepresence Robots: Diligent Robotics, Ohmni Labs, AVA Robotics, GoBe Robotics, Double Robotics, Temi Robotics
- Cleaning Robots: Softbank Robotics, Avidbots, Gaussian Robotics, LionsBot
- Hospital Support Robots: Revotonix L.L.C, Jetbrain, Aethon, MiR, MeanWhile, Keenon, Savioke, ABB, Diligent
- Agriculture Robots: Bogaerts, Harvest Automation, AIS, Katif, Naio Technologies, Robotnik
- Delivery Robots (Last Mile Delivery Robots): STARSHIP, NURO AI, Tele Retail, Kiwibot, Robby Technologies, Postmates, Eliport, Hello World Robotics, OTSAW, JD.com, Scout
- Battery & Chargers: LG Chem (LG Energy Solutions), Crown Equipment Corporation, East Penn Manufacturing, EnerSys, SBS, iN2Power, Wiferion, Inventus Power, Toshiba SCiB, Conductix-Wampfler
- Motion Control: Advance Motion Control, Kollmorgen, Energid (Teradyne), Harmonic Drive System, Parker, Elmo Motion, CGI, Brother, Nidec, Allied Motion, SEW Eurodrive, Pilz, Nord
What will you get in this report?
- 500 Pages and 160+ Exhibits Market Report for 18+ Industry Verticals or Applications
- A bottom-up analysis of AGV AMR market for 20+ countries and regions
- In-depth analysis of 650 companies in the ecosystem with more than 165 company profiles
- Focus Group Discussion with 100+ key industry stakeholders across the value chain to collect the first-hand information to validate our analysis
- Excel file with a proper modelling and 150+ market tables including forecast till 2028
- 2 Analyst Sessions to brainstorm further
- Investment details excel file with 150+ M&A and 750+ funding deals
- LogisticsIQ™ Exclusive Market Map (650+ Players across more than 15 categories)