The future of the global phenolic resin market is attractive with opportunities in the wood adhesive, molding compound, laminate, insulation, paper impregnation, and coating applications. The global phenolic resin market is expected to reach an estimated $15.0 billion by 2022 and it is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2017 to 2022. The major drivers for growth in this market are increasing use of materials with fire retardant, heat resistant, and anti-corrosive properties in end use applications.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the phenolic resin industry, include the development of bio based phenolic resin, and increased penetration of phenolic resin in applications where fire, smoke, and toxicity properties are required.
A total of 138 figures / charts and 89 tables are provided in this 204 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of this phenolic resin market report, download the report brochure
The study includes the market size, and forecast for the global phenolic resin market through 2022, segmented by application, end use, resin, region and country as follows:
Phenolic Resin Market by Application (Value ($M) and Volume (M lbs) shipment analysis from 2011 to 2022):
- Wood adhesive
- Molding compound
- Paper Impregnation
Phenolic Resin Market by End Use Industry (Value ($M) and Volume (M lbs) shipment analysis from 2011 to 2022):
- Electrical and Electronics
Phenolic Resin Market by Resin Type (Value ($M) and Volume (M lbs) shipment analysis from 2011 to 2022):
- Resol phenolic resin
- Novolac and other phenolic resin
Phenolic Resin Market by Region (Value ($M) and Volume (M lbs) shipment analysis from 2011 to 2022):
- North America
Phenolic Resin Market by Country (Value ($M) and Volume (M lbs) shipment analysis from 2011 to 2022):
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central/Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Republic of Korea
- Middle East
- Central/South America
Some of the phenolic resin companies profiled in this report include Hexion, Shandong Shengquan Chemical Co, Si Group, Sumitomo Bakelite, and Georgia-Pacific and others.
On the basis of its comprehensive research, Lucintel forecasts that molding compound is expected to remain the largest application segment by value due to high heat resistance, mechanical strength and electrical properties and is used in automotive, aerospace, electronics and industrial market. Wood adhesive will experience the highest growth over the forecast period supported by increasing demand for adhesives in furniture, water proof construction panels, beams, and marine plywood.
Construction, transportation, electrical & electronic, and furniture are the major end use industries. Construction is expected to be the largest market by value and volume, and will experience the highest growth over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to remain the largest region by value and volume. North America is expected to experience the highest growth over the forecast period due to growth in end use industries.
Some of the features of "Phenolic Resin Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Global phenolic resin market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (M Lbs.) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2011-2016) and forecast (2017-2022) by segments and region.
- Segmentation analysis: Global phenolic resin market size by various applications such as application, end use, and resin, in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global phenolic resin market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of phenolic resin in the global phenolic resin market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of phenolic resin in the global phenolic resin market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the global phenolic resin market by application (wood adhesive, molding compound, laminates, insulation, Coating, Paper Impregnation, and others), end use industry (construction, transportation, electrical and electronics, furniture, Industrial, and others), resin type (resol and Novolac resin), region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and ROW) and by country (US, Canada, Mexico, Western Europe, Central. Eastern Europe, China, India, Japan, Taiwan, Republic of Korea, Middle East and Central/ South America)?
- Q.2 Which product segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which region will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges in the phenolic resin market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and competitive threats in this phenolic resin market?
- Q.6 What are emerging trends in this phenolic resin market and reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the phenolic resin market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the phenolic resin market and which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this phenolic resin market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products in this phenolic resin area and how great a threat do they pose for loss of market share through product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activities have transpired in the last 5 years in this market and what impact have these had on the phenolic resin industry?