The future of the printed circuit board (PCB) market looks promising with opportunities in the communication, computer/peripheral, and automotive industries. The global printed circuit board market is expected to reach an estimated $72.6 billion by 2022 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2017 to 2022. The major drivers of growth for this market are the strong demand for smart phones and tablets along with growing automation in industries, such as automotive and aerospace & defense.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include the miniaturization of printed circuit boards and development of green PCBs.
A total of 122 figures / charts and 49 tables are provided in this 181-page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of printed circuit board market report, download the report brochure.
The study includes a forecast of the global PCBs market through 2022, segmented by end user industry, substrate type, laminate type, raw material type, and region as follows:
Printed circuit board market by end use industry [$M shipment analysis for 2011 - 2022]:
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial electronics
Printed circuit board market by substrate type [$M shipment analysis for 2011 - 2022]:
- Rigid 1-2 sided
- Standard multilayers
- IC substrate
- Flexible circuits
PCB laminate market by type [$M shipment analysis for 2011 - 2022]:
PCB laminate market by raw material type [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2011 - 2022]:
- Glass Fabric
- Epoxy Resin
- Kraft Paper
- Phenolic Resin
Printed circuit board market by region [$M shipment analysis for 2011 - 2022]:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of World
Printed circuit board companies profiled in this market report include Nippon Mektron, Zhen Ding Technology Holding Limited, Young Poong Electronics Co., Ltd., Unimicron Technology Corp. and Samsung Electro-Mechanics.
Lucintel forecasts that standard multilayer PCBs will remain the largest segment due to the growth in computer and communication industry. Lucintel predicts that the demand for rigid flex PCBs is likely to experience the highest growth in the forecast period supported by growing demand for smartphone and display applications.
Within the PCB market, the communication industry is expected to remain the largest market. Continuous innovations in smartphones and increasing demand from emerging economies are expected to spur growth for this segment over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest and fastest growing region due to the increasing production of electronic components and devices in this region.
Some of the features of “Growth Opportunities in the Global Printed Circuit Board Market 2017-2022: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global printed circuit board market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (M Lbs.) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2011-2016) and forecast (2017-2022) by region and segments.
- Segmentation analysis: Global printed circuit board market size by various applications such as product, substrate, type, and raw material in terms of value and volume shipment
- Regional analysis: Global printed circuit board market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, competitive landscape, and expansion strategies of global PCB market suppliers.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1. What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the global printed circuit board (PCB) market by end user industry (communications, consumer electronics, computer/peripheral, military/aerospace, industrial electronics, automotive, and others), by substrate type (rigid 1-2 sided, standard multilayers, HDI/microvia/build-up, IC substrate, flexible circuits, rigid-flex, and others), laminate type (paper, FR-4,CEM, polyimide, and others), raw material type (glass fabric, epoxy resin, kraft paper, and phenolic resin), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2. Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3. Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4. What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of printed circuit board market?
- Q.5. What are the business risks and threats to the market?
- Q.6. What are emerging trends in this market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7. What are some changing demands of customers in printed circuit board market?
- Q.8. What are the new developments in the market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9. Who are the major players in this market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10. What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how much of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
- Q.11. What M&A activities have occurred in the last 5 years?