The future of the carbon black market looks promising with opportunities in the transportation, industrial, and building and construction sectors. The carbon black market is expected to decline in 2020 due to global economic recession led by COVID-19. However, market will witness recovery in the year 2021 and it is expected to reach an estimated $22.8 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 3% to 5% from 2020 to 2025. The major drivers for this market are increasing tire production and growth in plastic and coating market.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include growing usage of recycled and bio-based carbon black and a shifting focus from commodities to more specialized grades of carbon black. Birla Carbon, Cabot Corporation, China Synthetic Rubber (CSR), Orion Engineered Carbons Holdings, OMSK Carbon Group, Tokai Carbon, Philips Carbon Black, and Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy are among the major carbon black providers.
A total of 153 figures / charts and 137 tables are provided in this 247 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of carbon black market report download the report brochure.
In this market, Tire rubber is the largest application, whereas commodity carbon black is largest in grade type. growth in various segment of the carbon black market are given below:
Carbon Black Market by Segments
The study includes the carbon black market size and forecast for the carbon black market through 2025, segmented by application type, grade, end use industry, attributes, and the region as follows:
Carbon Black Market by Application Type [$M shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Tire Rubber
- Non-Tire Rubber
Carbon Black Market by End Use Industry [$M shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Building and Construction
- Printing and Packaging
Carbon Black Market by Grade [$M shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Commodity Carbon Black
- Specialty Carbon Black
Carbon Black Market by Attribute Type [$M shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Coloring (Pigmentation)
- UV Protection
Carbon Black Market by Region [$M shipment analysis for 2014 to 2025]:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
- Some of the carbon black companies profiled in this report include Birla Carbon, Orion Engineered Carbons, Cabot Corporation, Omsk Carbon Group, Philips Carbon Black, China Synthetic Rubber Corporation, and others.
- Lucintel predicts that carbon black for tire rubber will remain the largest application over the forecast period supported by increasing demand for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles. Lucintel forecasts that the plastic is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to growth in the plastic pipes, wire & cable, and packaging market.
- Within the carbon black market, transportation will remain the largest end use industry during the forecast period supported by increasing demand for the tire and mechanical rubber goods. Lucintel predicts that the demand for carbon black in the packaging end use is likely to experience the highest growth in the forecast period supported by growth in the food and beverages, household products, personal care, and pharmaceuticals sectors
- Asia Pacific will remain the largest region by value and volume and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period supported by higher vehicle production and shift of tire production in low-cost countries, such as India and China.
- Some of the features of this report:
- Market size estimates: carbon black market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: carbon black market size by end use industry, grade, application, and attribute type in terms of value shipment.
- Regional analysis: carbon black market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of carbon black in the carbon black market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of carbon black in the carbon black market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the carbon black market by application (tire rubber, non-tire rubber, plastic, ink, coating, and others), end use industry (transportation, industrial, building and construction, printing and packaging, and others), grade (commodity carbon black and specialty carbon black) and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the carbon black market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the carbon black market?
- Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this carbon black market and reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the carbon black market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the carbon black market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this carbon black market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of carbon black market share via product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years?
- Report Scope
- Key Features Description
- Base Year for Estimation 2019
- Trend Period
- (Actual Estimates) 2014-2019
- Forecast Period 2020-2025
- Pages 247
- Market Representation / Units Revenue in US $ Billion
- Report Coverage Market Trends & Forecasts, Competitor Analysis, New Product Development, Company Expansion, Merger Acquisitions & Joint Venture, and Company Profiling
- Market Segments By application (tire rubber, non-tire rubber, plastic, ink, coating, and others), end use industry (transportation, industrial, building and construction, printing and packaging, and others), grade (commodity carbon black and specialty carbon black)
- Regional Scope North America (The United States, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (the UK and Germany), Asia Pacific (Japan and China), and RoW
- Customization 10% Customization Without any Additional Cost