The future of the global diagnostic imaging market looks good with opportunities in hospitals and imaging centers. The global diagnostic imaging market is expected to reach an estimated $33.2 billion by 2022 and it is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% from 2017 to 2022. The major drivers for market growth are increasing healthcare expenditures, rising public awareness associated with early diagnosis of disease, technological advancement in imaging procedures, and a growing geriatric population.
Emerging trends which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry include the increasing use of technically advanced diagnostic imaging systems, manufacturing portable diagnostic imaging systems for improved diagnosis procedures, and clear resolution for imaging with accuracy.
A total of 74 figures / charts and 58 tables are provided in this 152-page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of this report, download the report brochure.
The study includes a forecast for the global diagnostic imaging market by product, end use, and region, as follows:
By Product [Value ($ Million) from 2011 to 2022]:
- X-ray Systems
- By Technology
- Computed Radiography
- Direct Radiography
- Analog Imaging
- By Portability
- Stationary Devices
- Portable Devices
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan Systems
- High-end Slice
- Mid-end Slice
- Low-end Slice
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Systems
- By Architecture
- Closed MRI Devices
- Open MRI Devices
- By Field Strength
- Low-to-mid-field Systems
- High-field Systems
- Very-high-field Systems
- Ultra-high-field Systems
- Ultrasound Systems
- By Technology
- 2D Imaging
- 3D and 4D Imaging
- Doppler Imaging
- By Portability
- Trolley/Cart-based Devices
- Compact/Portable Devices
- Mammography System
- Digital Imaging
- Analogy Imaging
- Nuclear Imaging Systems
- SPECT (Single-photon Emission Computed Tomography) Nuclear Imaging
- Hybrid PET (Photon Emission Tomography) Nuclear Imaging
By End Use [Value ($ Million) from 2011 to 2022]:
- Public Hospitals
- Private Hospitals and Imaging Centers
By Region [Value ($ Million) from 2011 to 2022]:
- North America
Siemens Healthcare GmBH, General Electric Company, and Koninklijke Philips N.V. are among the major suppliers of diagnostic imaging systems.
On the basis of comprehensive research, Lucintel forecasts that the x-ray system segment is expected to show above average growth during the forecast period. The rapidly increasing technological advancements in imaging systems are expected to drive market growth.
Within the global diagnostic imaging market, the x-ray system segment is expected to remain the largest segment. Ease of diagnostic procedure, need for improved diagnosis for aging population, and rising public awareness associated with early disease detection are the major driving forces that will spur growth for this segment over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market and is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period due to an increasing number of hospitals, an increasing number of patients, and the continued technological advancements in imaging systems.
Some of the features of "Growth Opportunities in the Global Diagnostic Imaging Market: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Global diagnostic imaging material market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2011-2016) and forecast (2017-2022) by segments and region.
- Segmentation analysis: Global diagnostic imaging material market size by various applications such as product, and end use in terms of value shipment
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, competitive landscape, and expansion strategies of diagnostic imaging material market suppliers.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report addresses the following key questions:
- Q.1. What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for global diagnostic imaging market by product (X-ray system, CT (computerized tomography) scan system, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) system, ultrasound system, mammography system, and nuclear imaging system), end use (public hospitals, and 'private hospitals and imaging centers), and region (North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Rest of the World (ROW)?
- Q.2. Which products segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3. Which region will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4. What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers, challenges, and business risks in this market?
- Q.5. What are the business risks and competitive threats in this market?
- Q.6. What are the emerging trends in this market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7. What are some of the changing demands of customers in the market?
- Q.8. What are the new developments in the market and which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9. Who are the major players in this market? What strategic initiatives are being taken by key companies for business growth?
- Q.10. What are some of the competing products in this market and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share by product substitution?
- Q.11. What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years?