The future in the polyethylene (PE) compound market is promising with opportunities in the pipe and fitting, wire and cable, film and sheet and others application. The polyethylene compound market is expected to decline in 2020 due to global economic recession led by COVID-19. However, market will witness recovery in the year 2021 and it is expected to reach an estimated $12.1 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 5% to 7% from 2020 to 2025. The major drivers for this market are growing residential and non-residential construction activities, and replacement of aging pipelines.
An emerging trend, which has a direct impact on the dynamics of the polyethylene compound industry, includes development of bio based green polyethylene compound.
A total of 111 figures / charts and 90 tables are provided in this 222 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies research and other details of this polyethylene compound market report download the report brochure.
In this market, pipe and fitting is the largest market by end use industry, whereas HDPE is the largest in resin type. Growth in various segments of the global PE compound market are given below:
PE Compound Market by Segments
The study includes the polyethylene compound market size and forecast for the polyethylene compound market through 2025, segmented by application, resin type, and region as follows:
Polyethylene Compound Market by Application (Volume (Kilo Tons) and $M shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025):
- Pipe and Fitting
- Potable Water
- Oil & Gas
- Wire and Cable
- Film and sheet
Polyethylene Compound Market by Resin Type (Volume (Kilo Tons) and $M shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025):
- HDPE Resin
- LDPE Resin
Polyethylene Compound Market by Region (Volume (Kilo Tons) and $M shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025):
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
- Some of the polyethylene compound companies profiled in this report include LyondellBasell, Borealis, Spartech, Solvay, Sumitomo Chemical, INEOS, Total S.A, RTP, and SABIC and others.
- In this market, HDPE (high density polyethylene), and LDPE (low density polyethylene), are the major resins utilize to manufacture polyethylene compound.
- On the basis of comprehensive research, Lucintel forecasts that the HDPE is expected to remain the largest segment by value and volume due to superior toughness, crack resistance, and easy processability properties.
- Within this market, pipe and fitting is expected to remain the largest application by value and volume due to growth in development of water and sewage disposal infrastructure. Lucintel predicts that the wire and cable application segment will witness the highest growth in the forecast period due to higher electrical and mechanical properties than PVC compound.
- Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to remain the largest region by value and volume and is also expected to experience the highest growth over the forecast period due to growth in infrastructure and construction industry and increasing demand of film and packaging products.
- Some of the features of this report:
- Market size estimates: Polyethylene compound market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (Kilotons) and shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by application, and end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Polyethylene compound market size by various application and resin in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Polyethylene compound market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of polyethylene compound in the polyethylene compound market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of polyethylene compound in the polyethylene compound market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities in the polyethylene compound market by application (pipe and fitting, wire and cable, film and sheet and others), resin type (HDPE, LDPE and Others) and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the polyethylene compound market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the polyethylene compound market?
- Q.6 What are emerging trends in this polyethylene compound market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the polyethylene compound market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the polyethylene compound market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this polyethylene compound market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this polyethylene compound area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
- Q.11 What M & A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this polyethylene compound market?
- Report Scope
- Key Features Description
- Base Year for Estimation 2019
- Trend Period
- (Actual Estimates) 2014-2019
- Forecast Period 2020-2025
- Pages 222
- Market Representation / Units Revenue in US $ Billion and Volume in Kilo Tones
- Report Coverage Market Trends & Forecasts, Competitor Analysis, New Product Development, Company Expansion, Merger Acquisitions & Joint Venture, and Company Profiling
- Market Segments By application (pipe and fitting, wire and cable, film and sheet and others), resin type (HDPE, LDPE and Others)
- Regional Scope North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW
- Customization 10% Customization Without any Additional Cost