The future of the global automotive adhesive market looks promising with opportunities in passenger car and light commercial vehicles. The global automotive adhesive market is expected to reach an estimated $11.2 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 5.1% from 2020 to 2025. The major drivers for this market are increasing demand for lightweight materials in vehicle manufacturing and replacement of mechanical fasteners with adhesives to make vehicles lighter and to meet higher fuel economy requirements.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include increasing use of composites and lightweight materials in vehicles and new silicone-based electrically conductive adhesives in various automotive applications, and increasing applications of two component polyurethane adhesives. Henkel, 3M, Sika, Arkema, and HB Fuller are the major manufacturer of automotive adhesive.
A total of 185 figures / charts and 157 tables are provided in this 247 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below.
Automotive Adhesive Market By Resin Type [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025]:
Automotive Adhesive Market By Vehicle Type [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025]:
- Passenger Car
- Light Commercial Vehicle
Automotive Adhesive Market By Application [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025]:
Automotive Adhesive Market By Structure [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025]:
Automotive Adhesive Market By Region [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025]:
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- The Rest of the World
- South Africa
Some of the automotive adhesive companies profiled in this report include: Henkel, 3M, Sika, Arkema, HB Fuller, and others.
Lucintel forecasts that polyurethane adhesive will remain the largest segment due to its low price, durability, and performance.
Within this market, adhesives for passenger car will remain the largest segment due to the growth in production of small and compact cars.
Asia Pacific will remain the largest market and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to growth in automotive industry in China, Japan, India, and other Asian countries.
Some of the features of "Automotive adhesive Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Automotive adhesive market size estimation in terms of volume (M lbs.) and value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by region, resin, vehicle, application, and structure type.
- Segmentation analysis: Automotive adhesive market size by resin, vehicle type, application, and structure in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Automotive adhesive market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions for automotive adhesive in the automotive adhesive market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape for automotive adhesive in the automotive adhesive market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1. What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the automotive adhesive market by resin type (epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic and others), vehicle type (passenger car and light commercial vehicle), application (interior and exterior), structure (structural and non-structural), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2. Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3. Which region will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4. What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the key challenges and business risks in this automotive adhesive market?
- Q.5. What are the business risks and competitive threats in this automotive adhesive market?
- Q.6. What are the emerging trends in this automotive adhesive market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7. What are some of the changing demands of customers in the automotive adhesive market?
- Q.8. What are the new developments in the automotive adhesive market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9. Who are the major players in this automotive adhesive market? What strategic initiatives are key players pursuing for business growth?
- Q.10. What are some of the competing products in this automotive adhesive market and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share by material or product substitution?
- Q.11. What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years and what has its impact been on the automotive adhesive industry?