Market Research Report
U.S. Markets for Pharmacologic and Device-Based Approaches to Pain Management
|Published by||Medtech Insight||Product code||204529|
|Published||Content info||192 Pages
Delivery time: 1-2 business days
|U.S. Markets for Pharmacologic and Device-Based Approaches to Pain Management|
|Published: June 1, 2014||Content info: 192 Pages||
Pain is the single most common reason patients seek medical care, accounting for approximately half of all physician office visits in the United States (U.S.); some studies suggest that more than one-third of people in the U.S. suffer from a chronic pain condition at some point in their lives.
This dynamic new report from Medtech Insight includes analyses of products, current/forecast markets, competitors, and opportunities in the U.S. market for pain management products. Product areas covered by the scope of this report include pain management pharmaceuticals (e.g., nonprescription analgesics and anesthetics including systemic and topical formulations, as well as prescription analgesics and anesthetics including prescription NSAIDs, opioid analgesics, opioid/nonopioid combination analgesics, antimigraine analgesics, adjuvant analgesics, and general/regional/local anesthetics) and pain management devices (e.g., electrical stimulators including TENS systems and neurostimulators, as well as analgesia infusion pumps including implantable and external models).
During the forecast period covered by this report, the combined U.S. market for pain management products is projected to increase from $36.4 billion in 2013 to $44.7 billion in the year 2018. Pain management pharmaceuticals account for more than 92% of total sales, with pain management devices accounting for the remaining 8% of sales.