Generics in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the North America generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The North American generics market is expected to generate total revenues of $105.4bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% between 2011 and 2015.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to reach a total of 88.7 % of total pharma volume in 2015.
- The North American marketed is dominated by the US, which accounts for nearly 90% of the market's revenues.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the North America economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the North America generics market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the North America generics market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is North America's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?