Generics in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Russia generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The Russian generics market is expected to generate total revenues of $10.0bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.4% between 2011 and 2015.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to reach a total of 79.9% of total pharma volume in 2015.
- The Russian pharmaceuticals market is large and dominated by "branded" generic products and imports. The system is largely undeveloped, as the majority of drugs are bought by patients themselves, who are greatly influenced by advertising. The country has around 500 pharmaceutical companies but many are small. The companies' size and the investment in marketing and sales rather than creation means that mainly older drugs are produced.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in Russia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in Russia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Russia generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Russia economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Russia generics market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Russia generics market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Russia generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Russia's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?