The South America metal finishing market is estimated to witness a significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 5%, over the forecast period. Increasing requirement for durable, wear-resistant, and long-lasting metal products are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Environmental restrictions on some chemicals are likely to hinder the market's growth.
- Shift from traditional solvent-borne technologies to newer technologies are likely to create opportunities for the market growth in the coming years.
- Brazil is expected to dominate the market and is also expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Segment to Dominate the Market
- Coatings are applied to various automotive components, majorly to provide aesthetics, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and lubricity and smooth finish. They also increase the life span or durability of the metal component.
- Metal finishing is one of the prominent methods to provide a protective layer on metal automotive components; it involves applying one or more thin coats of a metal, such as gold, copper, silver, chromium or nickel, to a substrate.
- Automobile manufacturers are always in search of better technologies to protect their products from the relentless forces of corrosion. Vehicles are constantly exposed to the moisture from rain and snow, which can cause the premature demise of metal car parts. Metal finishing comprises the application of a metal coating via inorganic metal finishing, such as electroplating. This prevents automobiles from both red and white rust from reaching the underlying metal surface.
- Metal finishing also includes the application of paints or ceramics. Numerous small and large parts of the automobile require their contact surfaces to be smooth, stress relieved, and without burrs or defects. This enables the automotive engines to achieve a surface with less friction and heat, leading to generation of more horsepower and an overall better performance.
- The market, however, has potential for growth in the long term with the emergence of more technologically developed cars. If such a thing happens, the market for metal finishing will benefit from it.
Brazil to Dominate the Market
- Brazil is the third largest domestic aviation market globally with 6 of the 10 busiest airports in the region.
- In addition to this, the country is one of the leading manufacturers of regional and business jets and manufactures a range of aerospace products which includes turboprops, military aircraft, agricultural aircraft, business aircraft, helicopters and other general aviation aircraft.
- Owing to the stabilizing political and economic scenario in the country, the automotive industry has regained its momentum with a staggering rise in the demand.
- The upcoming investments from large automotive companies are expected to drive the demand for metal finishing in the country - General Motors (GM) is ongoing USD 4.06 billion investment plan for 2014 to 2020.
- The revival in automotive industry clubbed with, Brazil's stronghold in the aerospace sector will ensure stable growth in the metal finishing market.
The South America metal finishing market is partially consolidated in nature. Key players in the market include Honeywell International Inc., Linde plc, OC Oerlikon Management AG, POSCO, and TIB Chemicals AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support