- The near future will bring biomedical sensors that are adaptable to the genetic formulation of each individual. These sensors can be set to trigger alerts when unpredictable readings are enlisted, screen the existence of toxic agents in the blood, or empower drugs directly into the circulatory system. These Sensors are set to find their demand in the healthcare industry.
- Biomedical Sensors are driven by the increased demand in hazardous environments, utilization in situations resulting from natural disasters, increased demand in the healthcare sector for diabetic and heart patients, and embedded monitoring of the patients.
- The advancement in technology has made it possible to build a Biomedical Sensor using Nano and Microtechnology, making it tiny, robust, smart, and cost-effective. The early detection of irregularities in the health status of the patients will contribute to a better quality of life.
- Even though Biomedical Sensors are playing a major role in a life-saving situation, it is facing certain challenges such as patient safety and comfort due to strong electromagnetic fields, transferring energy from external to internal parts with high efficiency and high data rates, limited computation and data storage, and ultra-low power consumption.
- France is the highest contributor to the Biomedical Sensors market in the European region, followed by UK and Germany, whereas the UK is showing the highest growth rate in this region.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Industry to Show Significant Growth
- The automotive sector accounted for the largest market share by application type, owing to several applications of pressure sensors in automobiles and the automotive industry. The appropriate automotive pressure sensor can deliver cost-effective reliability and long operational life, whether the application is in the engine, tire, or passenger compartment.
- Many European countries such as Germany, Sweden are increasing their automotive safety standards. As a result, Europe is estimated to be the fastest-growing market for pressure sensors for automotive breaking applications over the forecast period.
- In recent times, exclusive off-road and cross-country cars are installing innovative tire pressure control systems. For example, the Mercedes G63 AMG 6X6 enables the driver to vary the tire pressure of both the front and rear axles separately.
- Over the forecast period, increasing predictive maintenance capabilities provided in high-end cars are expected to create considerable demand for pressure sensors in HVAC applications.
Germany to Hold the Highest Market Share
- Growing government programs promoting research and innovation is also helping advancement in the pressure sensor market to develop in the region. For instance, the German government increased the number of research companies to 20,000 and innovative companies to 140,000 by the year 2020.
- Germany is the world's largest producer of lignite. The power generation industry is also evolving rapidly in Europe. As the pressure sensor implies substantial benefits in power plants, hence the demand for a pressure sensor in Europe's power generation industry is expected to be boosted significantly.
- Owing to the prominence of manufacturing in the country, the scope of automation is significant, and with it, enterprises are increasingly adopting robotic solutions to automate processes. According to IFR, in 2020, Germany was the fifth-largest robot market in the world and number one in Europe. Compared to the previous year, the country's robot shipment increased by 8.78% in 2020 and stood at 22300 units, mainly driven by the demand from the automotive industry. Such developments in the country are expected to drive further the demand for pressure sensors to operate both indoor and outdoor robotics installations.
The Europe biomedical sensors market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. Rising disposable income, rising awareness about devices with sensors, and a growing customer base across the world have led to vast growth opportunities for players in this market. These players are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability.
- July 2020 - Sensirion announced that TDK used its humidity and temperature sensor SHTC3 in its smart multi-sensor wireless module SmartBug. The module is designed for several IoT (Internet of Things) applications and enables quick and easy access to smart and reliable sensor data. TDK's SmartBug is a multi-sensor wireless module that leverages TDK's MEMS sensors and algorithms for a wide range of IoT applications.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support