The United Kingdom Energy Bar market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.42% over the next five years.
- Increased demand for health and nutrition products, impulse purchases, and product innovation is the key factor driving the energy bar market in the United Kingdom. Growing demand for products with active ingredients is further driving the market.
- Health concerns related to high sugar content and fluctuating commodity prices affect market growth. The stores in the United Kingdom are heavily flooded with various energy bars, ranging from protein-rich, nutritious, gluten-free, and dairy-free bars. This extensive range of energy bar options aid in attracting a broad spectrum of consumers.
- Also, the rise in consumer demand for nutritional products and rising clean label claims on products accelerated the market growth in the country. The increase in demand for a convenient and healthy on-the-go snack also catered to the market growth. Elsewhere, due to the high nut content in the energy bars like almonds, peanuts, and others, people allergic to these ingredients didn't prefer these energy bars.
- Consumers in the United Kingdom are looking for high nutritional value snacks and simple ingredient lists rather than calorie counting. Claims like free-from, raw, high fiber, no added sugar, and the use of natural ingredients are expected to continue to be the key factors influencing consumers' decisions.
UK Energy Bar Market Trends
Increasing Number of Health and Fitness Centers
- The gym culture and fitness routines are on the rise all around the world and so in the United Kingdom as well. There has been a continuous increase in memberships in gym and fitness centers in the past 8-10 years. These health and fitness centers have witnessed substantial growth in recent years due to increasing health concerns and lifestyle changes.
- The increase in health awareness and the growing need for adequate nutritional content have fostered the demand for energy bars in the region. Therefore, the demand for performance nutrition food such as energy bars has been increasing significantly around the country.
- Energy bars are known to provide instant energy to consumers, making them an ideal option for pre and post-workout meals for gym members. According to Sports England, gym sessions were attended by almost 3.4 million persons between November 2020 and November 2021.
- The health and fitness club is expected to recover in the post-pandemic era, and the energy bar market is expected to grow proportionally. Millennials have been known to be more involved in fitness and recreational activities, increasing the demand for energy bars in the country.
Growing Demand for Natural/Organic Energy Bar
- Consumers are increasingly getting health conscious about bite-in-between meals. The increased awareness of the adverse effects of artificial additives like sweeteners, flavors, preservatives, and many more have accelerated the demand for organic energy bars. There has been a growth in the demand for organic foods across the United Kingdom. For instance, according to the Soil Association, in 2022, the organic market was valued at over USD 3.70 billion and witnessed a growth of 5.2%.
- Organic energy bars are free from additives like sugar and gluten and are naturally flavored. Consumers want products that incorporate their taste preferences and cater to their nutrition requirements. Owing to the rising demand for organic energy bars, companies are also expanding their product line in accordance with the trend.
- The companies offering natural/organic energy bars in the United Kingdom market include Outdoor Provisions, Torq Bar, and others.
UK Energy Bar Market Competitor Analysis
The United Kingdom's energy bar market is competitive, with many existing multinational players. Innovative product launches and clean-label ingredients are the various strategies adopted by these players. Private-label brands provide tough competition to the existing players with their flavored product offerings. The major players catering energy bars market in the United Kingdom are Mondelez International, Inc., Glanbia, Plc, General Mills, Inc., Post Holdings, Inc., and HNC Healthy Nutrition Company (UK) Ltd. (Maximuscle). The key players try to differentiate their offerings and compete based on different factors, including ingredients, price, quality, and marketing activities, to gain a competitive advantage.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support