The Asia-Pacific construction adhesives market is expected to grow at with a CAGR greater than 6 % during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the growing demand from the construction sector.
- Growing demand panels and glazing in high rise buildings is expected to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied.
- China accounted for the highest share of the market and is likely to continue dominating the market during the forecast period owing to the growing construction industry in the country.
- Among the technologies, waterborne adhesives are expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Waterborne Technology to Dominate the Market
- Water-borne adhesives use water as a carrier or a diluting medium, to disperse a resin. They are set by allowing the water to evaporate, or be absorbed by the substrate. These adhesives are compounded with water as a diluent, rather than a volatile organic solvent.
- They can be considered as low-VOC adhesives. Water-borne adhesives are produced from either soluble synthetic polymers (from polymers, such as cellulose ethers, polyvinyl alcohol, methylcellulose, carboxymethylcellulose, and polyvinyl pyrrolidone) or natural polymers (from vegetable sources, such as starches and dextrins; protein sources, such as blood, fish, milk albumen, and soybean; and animal sources, such as bones and hides).
- Acrylic water-borne adhesives and latex water-borne adhesives are majorly employed for different applications, in the building and construction industry.
- Acrylic water-borne adhesives are mainly used as a pressure-sensitive adhesives in the construction sector, in the form of labels and tapes, for tile bonding and laminating purposes.
- The growing construction industry of the Asia-Pacific has been a major driving factor for the construction adhesives market in the region.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned reasons, waterborne technology is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Market
- China accounts for the highest share of the market studied owing to the growing construction industry int he country.
- China has one of the largest construction industries in the world.In the recent years, the total property investment has witnessed huge rise in China.
- Real estate investment, which is mainly focused on the residential sector, also includes construction of commercial and office space, and is acting as the key driver for the growth of construction sector in China.
- Additionally, the government's investment on infrastructure construction has also witnessed significant growth in the recent past.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, China is expected to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific construction adhesives market is moderately consolidated as the market of the market share is divided among a few players. Some of the key players in the market include 3M, , Dow, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & KGaA, and Sika AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support