The market for boiler water treatment chemicals is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.15% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. One of the key drivers of the market is Increasing capacity additions and installations in the Asia-Pacific power industry. However, the lack of awareness about boiler water treatment is likely to restrain the market.
- Reduction in pretreatment and heat exchanger equipment costs is also expected to boost the demand for boiler water treatment chemicals.
- The increasing adoption rate in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East is likely to provide opportunities for market growth in the future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to account for the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Power Industry to Dominate the Market
- Power plants utilize a large amount of water, primarily for the proper operation of turbines with the generation of heat and are the major consumer of boiler water treatment chemicals.
- In Malaysia, there are several thermal plants under construction. The advancement of projects at a good pace is likely to drive the boiler water treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
- In China, there has been a rise in the number of nuclear power plants. Currently, there are over 35 nuclear power plants operating in the region, with around 20 currently under construction. These new power plants are expected to increase the nuclear power generation capacity by 70% by 2020-21.
- The United States is the world's largest producer of nuclear power. The United States government is planning for a number of new reactor installations to increase nuclear-based power generation.
- The increase in the number of nuclear projects in the United States and China is expected to drive the demand for boiler water chemicals in the forecast period.
- Hence, the power industry is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific boiler water treatment chemicals market dominated the market owing to the high demand from emerging economies, such as India, China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, and Malaysia.
- The demand and market growth in the power, manufacturing, and industrial sectors is increasing, which, in turn, is boosting the demand for boiler water treatment systems and chemicals.
- As the market is stagnated in developed countries, many industries are being established in the fast-growing economies, like India & China. This is likely to boost the demand for boiler water treatment chemicals in the region.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
The boiler water treatment chemical market is fragmented, with the presence of various international and local players in different regions. These manufacturers in the market include Ecolab, Suez, BASF SE, and Solenis, followed by other prominent players.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support