South America adhesives and sealants market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4.5% during the forecast period. The demand for adhesives and sealants is extensively driven by the growing demand from construction industry and increasing healthcare infrastructure. However, the market growth is likely to be hindered by the stringent VOC emissions regulations related to adhesives and sealants.
- In the studied market, water-borne dominates the adhesive technology segment. However, reactive segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in the region during the forecast period.
- The innovation and development of bio-based adhesives and shifting focus toward adhesive bonding for composite materials are likely to offer opportunities for the adhesives and sealants market in the region.
- Brazil stands to be the largest market for adhesive and sealants in the region, where consumption is majorly driven by the end-user industries, such as construction, aerospace and automotive.
Key Market Trends
Building and Construction Industry to Drive the Market Demand
- Adhesives and sealants, owing to their characteristics and physical properties, have extensive use in the building and construction industry, which makes it the dominant end-user segment in adhesives and sealants market.
- Some of the properties of adhesives and sealants include good cohesion, adhesion and elasticity, high cohesive strength, flexibility, high elastic modulus of substrate, resistance from thermal expansion, and environmental resistance from UV light, corrosion, saltwater, rain, and other weathering conditions.
- They are being used in several applications, like heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), concrete, joint cement, resilient flooring, roofing, fixed window frames, etc.
- Growing construction activities in countries, such as Brazil, Columbia, Chile and Peru are likely to drive the consumption of adhesives and sealants market in the region.
Brazil to Dominate the Demand in South American Region
- Brazil had experienced a volatile economy over the past few years. Political instability, high inflation, low prices of export of goods, and depressed confidence levels caused a contraction in the Brazilian economy.
- However, the country has now started recovering through government expenditure and stability in political affairs, which is likely to hold growth opportunities for the industrial sector.
- The automotive industry is recording a strong growth in automotive production as well as sales in the country. Besides, the country's automaker association, Anfavea, predicts the trend to remain positive over the next few years, which is likely to drive the consumption of adhesives and sealants in the country.
- Currently, the country's infrastructure sector is under flux. In this regards, the government has launched a program for infrastructure in the country for leveraging private sector logistics investment, which may increase the scope for consumption of adhesives and sealants market in the country during the forecast period.
The South American adhesives and sealants market is fragmented in nature. Some of the key players in the market includes 3M, Arkema Group, Sika AG, H.B. Fuller, and Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support