The baby food packaging market was valued at USD 76.76 billion in 2019, and is expected to reach USD 115.17 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 6.95% during the forecast period, 2020-2025. With growing urbanization, rising demand for eco-friendly packaging of the products and safety concerns among the users are the major factors which are making the baby food packaging market grow lucratively during the forecast period.
- The developing countries across the globe are witnessing rapid urbanization leading to increased disposable income and adoption of modern lifestyle. These factors have led to increasing expenditure on baby food products.
- Another factor boosting the need for packaging solutions is the innovations by baby food manufacturers to meet consumers different needs. This has led to companies creating green, innovative and recyclable products to replace normal packaging.
- Moreover, stand-up pouches and thin wall containers are witnessing high demand owing to their safe, reusable, hygienic, lightweight, and easy to carry features are some of the factors driving the market.
- With the rising disposable income combined with an increased number of working parents has increased the demand for baby food which is expected to support the growth of the market across the globe.
Scope of the Report
Baby food packaging products are specially designed for packaging food material for infants and toddlers. A wide variety of packaging materials such as glass jars, plastic containers, metal cans, folding cartons, and other solutions are used for packaging of baby food products, including dried foods, prepared foods, and milk formula.
Key Market Trends
Plastic is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- Plastics are more efficient material to choose than other alternatives for food packaging because plastics are energy efficient to manufacture and they are also lighter than the alternative materials. For instance. just two pounds of plastic can deliver 10 gallons of a beverage, on the other hand, you will need three pounds of aluminum, eight pounds of steel, or over 40 pounds of glass to bring home the same amount of beverage.
- In the powder milk formula product, with the launch of single-serve plastic sachets by various brands, indicates the busy life of working parents and thus, increases the importance towards ready nutrition products which is further boosting the market growth.
- HDPE is the most widely used type of plastic packaging material. It is used to make many types of bottles and containers. Unpigmented bottles are translucent, have good barrier properties and stiffness, and are well suited for packaging of products with a shorter shelf life such as milk.
- With the expanding infant nutrition market, it is evident that nutritional product demand such as milk is increasing which is directly driving the market for the baby food packaging.
Asia Pacific to Witness a Significant Growth
- Asia Pacific region is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period owing to the increased use of packaged baby food products by the urban population. Also with the rising disposable income of people in the emerging economies and their busy lifestyle are also boosting the growth of the baby food packaging market in the Asia Pacific region.
- Moreover, in the Asia Pacific region, China is expected to be the market with the highest share for baby food packaging products followed by Japan and India. Increasing awareness of consumers regarding the nutritional benefits of packaged baby food products is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Moreover, increasing demand for convenient baby edible products due to the increased number of working women is predicted to drive the growth of the market studied.
The baby food packaging market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many domestic and international players, The market is fragmented with the players competing in terms of price, product design, product innovation, etc. Some of the major players in the market are Ardagh Group, Amcor Ltd., Mondi Group, Sonoco among others.
- May 2019 - Sonoco one of the most sustainable, diversified global packaging companies, signed a definitive agreement to acquire Corenso Holdings America, a leading U.S. manufacturer of uncoated recycled paperboard (URB) and high-performance cores used in the paper, packaging films, tape, and specialty industries for approximately $110 million.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support