The United States construction adhesives & sealants market is expected to grow at a CAGR greater than 4% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the growing private construction expenditure in the country. However, strict VOC regulations in different states of the country is hindering the market studied.
- Rising Demand from Panels and Glazing in High-Rise Buildings is expected to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied.
- Among the technology types, waterborne adhesives are expected to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Water-borne Adhesive Technology to Dominate the Market
- Water-borne adhesives use water as a carrier or a diluting medium, to disperse a resin. They are set by allowing the water to evaporate, or be absorbed by the substrate. These adhesives are compounded with water as a diluent, rather than a volatile organic solvent.
- They can be considered as low-VOC adhesives. Water-borne adhesives are produced from either soluble synthetic polymers (from polymers, such as cellulose ethers, polyvinyl alcohol, methylcellulose, carboxymethylcellulose, and polyvinyl pyrrolidone) or natural polymers (from vegetable sources, such as starches and dextrins; protein sources, such as blood, fish, milk albumen, and soybean; and animal sources, such as bones and hides).
- Water-borne adhesives are the most widely used in the paper board and packaging sectors, followed by the construction industry. Acrylic water-borne adhesives and latex water-borne adhesives are majorly employed for different applications, in the building and construction industry.
- Acrylic water-borne adhesives are mainly used as a pressure-sensitive adhesives in the construction sector, in the form of labels and tapes, for tile bonding and laminating purposes.
- Owing to the consistent growth of the building & construction industry, waterborne technology is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Polyurethane Adhesive Resin Type to Dominate the Market
- Polyurethanes are formed by the reaction of isocyanate component with amines, polyols or reactive active hydrogen compounds. Construction adhesives are either one or two component compounds and are hydrocarbon-based.
- Construction polyurethane is generally stronger than normal construction adhesives, Water-based polyurethane sealants are also introduced which are low-odor, low in VOC and are easy to use.
- Polyurethane construction adhesives provide excellent flexibility, impact resistance and durability. In addition to this, polyurethane construction adhesives are used in bonding materials that have dissimilar and similar materials, repairing broken concrete etc. and helps in providing excellent adhesion to masonry, stucco, concrete, metal, glass, plywood, aluminum etc.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned reasons, polyurethane adhesive resin type is expected to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
The United States adhesives and sealants market is moderately consolidated as the market of the market share is divided among a few players. Some of the key players in the market include 3M, Arkema Group, Dow, Henkel AG & KGaA, and Sika AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support