The market for membrane water & wastewater treatment is expected to grow at with a CAGR greater than 7% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the rising demand for low-pressure membrane technologies. However, poor fouling resistance of nanoporous membranes is likely to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Municipal Industry dominated the market whereas the food & beverage industry is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
- Lack of access to safely managed drinking water in some countries is anticipated to provide numerous opportunities over the forecast period.
- Europe dominated the market with the largest consumption, followed by Asia-Pacific and North America. However, Middle East & Africa is likely to register the highest CAGR through the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Municipal Industry to dominate the Market
- Supply of pure water to households is one of the chief requirements for all the countries across the globe. The global water consumption rate is increasing by 100% every twenty years. The rising scarcity for potable water, coupled with the growing population and increasing water demand, are the major concerns which are driving the demand for membrane water and wastewater treatment market across the globe.
- Additionally, to increase the availability of water, wastewater which is generated from the domestic households have been treated and reused in countries where there is severe water scarcity.
- Municipal wastewater refers to the water that drains from toilets, showers, sinks, bathrooms, washing machines, dishwashers, and liquid industrial waste. Municipal wastewater should be treated before releasing it into the environment to avoid damage to the environment and to avoid spreading of harmful diseases.
- Countries like China, the United States, and Saudi Arabia have increased their water reclamation and reuse in municipality through several government sponsored projects in order to improve their efficiency in water usage.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the municipal industry is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Europe Region to Dominate the Market
- Among the geographical segments, Europe accounted for the highest share of global membrane water & wastewater treatment market. Among the European countries, Germany was the largest market for membrane water and wastewater treatment in the region.
- In Germany, the increasing water treatment activities, primarily in the northern region of the country, are boosting the demand for membrane water and wastewater treatment. Environmental protection and human health are considered extremely important in Germany. This importance has led to efficient water and wastewater treatment methods, and nearly 100% of the wastewater in Germany is treated to meet the highest standards set by the European Union.
- Additionally, Germany has the largest market for industrial wastewater treatment in Europe, with almost 3,000 treatment plants in around 12,000 discharging companies. More than 920 million cubic meters of industrial wastewater is treated annually in the country, before being discharged to the outside environment.
- Apart from Germany, there is a significant demand for water & wastewater treatment from other European countries the United Kingdom, France, and Russia, among other countries.
- Hence with the growing water treatment activities in various countries, Europe is projected to dominate the membrane water and wastewater treatment market during the forecast period.
The global membrane water and wastewater treatment market is highly fragmented with the top five players accounting for a significantly less share of the total market. The major players include Alfa Laval , Suez, Toray Industries Inc., Veolia Water Technologies, and Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support