The global stone and tile adhesives & sealants market is expected to record a CAGR of over 9% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. The major factors driving the market studied are rapidly increasing number of residential projects and increase in usage of ceramic and thin porcelain decorative tiles.
The low-profit margin for manufacturers and low awareness regarding tile and stone adhesives in developing economies are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
Development of adhesives for various innovative substrates, and increasing R&D activities in the development of innovative low VOC stone and tile adhesives are expected to act as an opportunity in the future.
Key Market Trends
Vinyl Ester Segment to Contribute Significant Demand to the Market
- The vinyl ester family is one of the prominent polymers in the adhesive industry. The number of vinyl derivatives is very large and is produced either as an emulsion or as a solvent soluble type.
- Polyvinyl acetate (PVA) is the most preferred vinyl ester in the manufacturing of stone and tile adhesives.
- These adhesives are often mixed with other substrates to enhance the bond, strength along with different temperature ranges. For instance, PVA adhesives are used in combination with melamine-based adhesives, in order to improve the working of adhesive with water and high-temperature conditions.
- Other processes, such as copolymerizing vinyl acetate with more hydrophobic monomers or functional monomers, and blending PVA with additives and hardeners, are done to achieve more efficient adhesion characteristics.
- Primers play a significant role in preparing surfaces, prior to the application of tile adhesive. PVA primers help to reduce the porosity of high absorbent substrates, which prevents the rapid suction of water out of the tile adhesive when applied.
- The market is flooded with PVA-based products that contain varying levels of PVA polymer. In choosing a general-purpose PVA for priming, the varying polymer levels will also introduce variations into the film thickness that remains on the surface, when the primer has dried up.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America represented the largest regional market for global stone & tile adhesives & Sealants market in 2018. This immense demand for stone & tile adhesives & sealants is a consequence of the growing residential projects and an increase in the adoption of various decorative & ceramic tiles in the region.
- In North America, the United States provides the major market for the stone & tile adhesives & sealants with more than 60% of the regional market share.
- The growing government spending and increasing FDI's into construction segment in the countries like Canada and Mexico are further augmenting the demand for stone & tile adhesives & sealants market.
- There is a growing demand for the construction of single-family houses in North America. Despite the slight reduction in residential construction spending in the United States in 2018, rapid growth in the residential construction sector is expected in the forecast period.
The global stone and tile adhesives & sealants market is fragmented in nature. The major companies include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, HB Fuller Company, Arkema Group (Bostik SA), BASF SE, and 3M among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support