The household robots market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.50% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). The household robots are also can be termed as domestic robots, which are the part of autonomous service robots for carrying out the mundane works like floor cleaning, pool cleaning, and lawn mowing among others but can also be used for education, entertainment, and elderly assistance.
- The increasing investments by companies across the globe to develop household robots for a wide range of applications is one of the significant factors driving the market. Samsung and LG Electronics are extensively investing in developing and launching of new household robotic products.
- For instance, Jibo is developing social robots to integrate into the home lives for interactive companion and helper to families. Observing the market potential, startups offering household robot solutions are also attracting fundings from international investors. For instance, Global Brain Corporation has invested USD 7.82 million in Connected Robotics Inc. for cooking robots.
- Also, the rapid urbanizations globally is another factor fueling the adoption of household robots due to growing disposable income especially in emerging countries like China and India. Currently, the global urban population accounts for 52.28% which is estimated to increase to 57.90% by the year 2024 (Our World in Data). Moreover, the increasing demand for smart home products is making a lucrative demand for household robots worldwide.
- However, the high equipment cost is limiting the adoption rate for household robots. Further decrease in its ASPs is expected to increase the purchase of these robots.
Scope of the Report
The scope of the study for the household robots market is limited to the type of household robots offered by the vendors for a wide range of applications including lawn mowing, vacuum-cleaning & mopping among others. However, the study has not considered the accessories by the companies for market study.
Key Market Trends
Vacuum Cleaning & Mopping Application to Dominate the Market
- Among all the household robots, automated vacuum cleaners and moppers are the most commercialized and developed products by the companies. The companies are continuously investing in developing more compact and integrated Vaccum cleaner and mopping robots to reach narrow places at home. The companies are integrating advanced technologies like voice recognition and laser-based technologies to map the floor structure. For instance, Irobot launched a Roomba i7+ which is capable of acquiring voice commands and intelligent mapping techniques.
- Additionally, with the increasing developments in the machine vision cameras, companies are also using these 2D and 3D machine vision cameras with AI technologies to effectively map and edges of the floor like a staircase and to recognize obstacles such as cables, dustbins, doorsills, and rugs.
- Moreover, to increase the life of cleaning tools like brushes and filter, now the companies are installing the blades inside the chamber to cut the trash into pieces; especially human and pet hairs which causes frequent entanglements in the equipment and reduces cleaning effectiveness.
Asia-Pacific Region is Expected to Witness Fastest Growth
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the fastest growth due to high investments into household robots development and growth in the demand for autonomous smart home devices like robotics cleaners. The region includes countries like China offering low priced toy robots, among other sophisticated household robots.
- Companies in the region are also looking forward to developing all-purpose household robots for helping with chores and even offering companionship. Toyota has illustrated the inverted age-pyramid in Japan by 2050, where 30% fewer people will be available for care to twice the elderly population in the country today. Also, the company is investing in developing household products. Additionally, a startup from Japan- Preferred Networks has declared to launch the all-purpose household robots to help people in the next five years.
- Moreover, the investors in the region are continuously injecting funds in the startups offering household robots. For instance, in July 2019, iFlyTek raised the investment of USD 407 million from China Asset Management to integrate AI and service robots and working on speech recognition. Such growth in the market is expected to drive the escalation for household robots in the region.
The market for household robots is moderately consolidated due to the presence of a few companies dominating the market. Also, with the further development and commercialization of these products are expected to attract new entrants in the market. To gain more market share, the companies offering household products are making strategic acquisitions and product launches. Some of the recent developments are mentioned below.
- September 2019 - Roborocl released its latest vacuuming & mopping robot S5 Max. The robot is equipped with the remote application as well as voice controls. Also, the company has claimed that it can map the floor structure with its precision laser mapping and advanced navigation technology.
- July 2019 - Fahey Group announced the acquisition of Robin Autopilot, a pioneer in robotic lawnmowers in the US market. With this acquisition, the Fahey Group has expanded its portfolio in its landmark lawn and garden supply brands.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support