- Growing number of surgical procedures due to the sports injuries, accidents, cardiac surgeries owing to the high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and other chronic conditions where the surgery is being suggested mandatory is the major factor that is driving the Surgical Instrument Tracking market.
- According to the European Union Statistics, during 2016-2017, in Germany, hip replacement surgery was performed for 304 times per 100,000 individuals. In Austria and Finland, it was around 273 and 265 per 100,000, respectively.
- Furthermore, increasing the adoption of surgical instrument tracking products by hospitals is another major factor in driving the market growth. Finding medical devices and inventory management during work cycle including surgery, post-surgery, storage, and sterilization procedures are some of the major problems faced by the hospitals. Hence, they are adopting innovative technologies to track this equipment and systems which in turn is expected to drive the market.
- Additionally, implementation of Unique Device Identification (UDI) regulations by the, growing geriatric population coupled with an increasing number of chronic diseases, growing technological advancements are also driving the demand for Surgical Instrument Tracking.
- However, the high cost associated with the implementation of the Surgical Instrument Tracking systems will hamper the growth of the Surgical Instrument Tracking market.
Key Market Trends
RFID Holds a Significant Market Share in Surgical Instrument Tracking Market
- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is significantly used in managing hospital assets, which include medical equipment, surgical equipment, data charts, etc., becomes tedious, especially during emergencies.
- One of the reasons that RFID is expanding considerably in healthcare is the sheer number of applications that can benefit. In hospitals that have been outfitted with the technology, RFID is present in many forms i.e. from the tracking of surgical tools to tracking patients.
- Major hospitals like the Mayo Clinic's Saint Mary's Hospital in Minnesota and Rush University Medical Center in Chicago have deployed RFID to track equipment, surgical instruments, and staff members.
North America Dominates Global Surgical Instrument Tracking Market
- USFDA has proposed the Unique Device Identification (UDI) system to adequately identify medical devices sold in the United States from manufacturing through distribution to patient use. is the major factor that is driving the market in the North America region.
- Additionally, the presence of well-established market players, rapid adoption of advanced technology and products and a growing number of surgical procedures to propel the overall growth of the market over the forecast period.
- According to the Journal of Infectious Disease Adviser, approximately 27 million surgical procedures are performed in the United States each year.
Surgical Instrument Tracking market is very competitive with most of the players competing to increase market shares. Strong competition, rapid technological advancements are key factors that confront the market. Key market players in the market are Becton, Dickinson and Company, BESCO, Censis Technologies, Inc., Key Surgical, STERIS and Syrma Technology amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support