The market for membrane water & wastewater treatment in South America is expected to grow at with a CAGR greater than 6% during the forecast period. One of the major factors that is driving the market studied is the Rising Demand for Low Pressure Membrane. However, high cost of the membrane water treatment technology is restraining the demand for membrane water & wastewater treatment market in South America region.
- Among the technologies, reverse osmosis accounted for the highest market share and is expected to continue dominating the market during forecast period.
- Among the end-user industries, municipal industry has accounted for the major market share and is expected to continue dominating the market during forecast period.
- Chile is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period owing to growing demand from municipal and industrial applications.
Key Market Trends
Reverse Osmosis to dominate the Market
- Demand for membrane water & wastewater treatment in South America can mainly be attributed to the coal, steel, and iron industries, which require fresh water for their daily activities.
- Reverse osmosis technology in South America is expected to increase, due to the growing government regulations and rising fresh water prices.
- South American countries have enacted regulations on water use and water discharge to improve the region's precious water resource. Recently, the Chile government has tightened the rules for coal and chemical plants to adapt zero-liquid discharge (ZLD).
- These regulations are forcing industrial plants to implement the reverse osmosis technology, which can purify up to 90% of the wastewater produced.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, reverse osmosis is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Chile to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- Among the South American countries, Chile is projected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period due to the adoption of strict environmental regulations.
- The rising demand for fresh water in the country is a key driving factor for the demand of membrane water & wastewater treatment in the country.
- Chile is one of the global leaders in urban wastewater treatment. The country has more than 100 water reservoirs. Currently, under the National Plan for Large Reservoirs, 20 water reservoirs are under construction in the country, which are expected to be completed by 2025.
- Additionally, increasing demand from the industrial water treatment facilities is also boosting the membrane water chemicals market in the country.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned reasons, Chile is projected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
The South America membrane water & wastewater treatment market is moderately fragmented with the major players accounting for a significantly less share of the total market. The major players in the market studied include Aecom, Aquatech International LLC, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, Suez, and Veolia Water Technologies, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support