The Middle-East and Africa gypsum board market is estimated to witness a significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 5%, over the forecast period. Rising construction activities in Saudi Arabia and booming tourism in Middle Eastern countries are the major factors driving the market in the region.
- The growing awareness of energy efficiency policy toward Middle East region buildings is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- South Africa dominated the market across the region with the largest consumption with almost 30% share.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Wall Board
- Gypsum wallboards are used in the internal wall, ceiling applications, and separation walls in the construction of residential and non-residential buildings. It is suitable for most of the applications, where normal fire, structural, and acoustic levels are specified, and for direct decoration or thistle plaster finish.
- Fire-resistant wall boards are used in the kitchen areas, and water-resistant wall boards are used in bathroom areas, and exterior gypsum boards and mold-resistant gypsum boards are used in the exterior walls.
- Wall boards have a manila-colored face paper, and is manufactured in a variety of thicknesses, as both a regular and fire-resistant core material.
- Wall boards can be applied vertically (edges parallel to framing) or horizontally (edges perpendicular to framing), of different wallboard thickness, such as ½ inch, 3/8 inch, and 5/8 inch.
- The installation process for the gypsum wall boards include various steps, such as handling, cutting, fixing, plastering, jointing, and decoration.
- Wall boards are the most-commonly used commodity gypsum board. It annually accounts for over 50% of all the gypsum board manufactured and sold in Middle East & Africa.
- Some of the major manufacturers of gypsum wallboards in Middle East & Africa are USD Boral, Saint-Gobain (Gyproc), and Knauf Gips KG, among others.
- Owing to the advantages, coupled with the applications, the demand for wall boards is expected to increase during the forecast period.
South Africa to Dominate the Market
- The South African government of the country has reduced 12% of its infrastructure budget, which led to some construction companies in the region going into business rescue and even bankruptcy.
- Though the South African building and construction industry has been witnessing a sluggish growth, it remains a vital industry, as it fulfils a major role in economic growth and infrastructure development. The industry is expected to rebound when economic conditions improve and investment in the industry increases.
- The increase in demand for housing and the growth in new residents in urban areas may increase the demand for gypsum board in the coming years.
- The government's National Infrastructural Plan is supporting this growth, with new projects in the coming future.
- The government is planning to have a one-stop-shop program that is expected to improve new businesses. The government has also planned to take on new initiatives, for promoting investments and building up consumer confidence
- The increasing focus of the government to develop infrastructure, including plans to invest nearly USD 9.0 billion on housing and associated bulk infrastructure requirements, is likely to be the positive factor for the construction sector of the country.
- Owing to all these factors, the market is expected to grow in the country during the forecast period.
The Middle East & Africa gypsum board market is fairly consolidated with top five players accounting for more than 50% in the market. The major companies include Knauf Gips KG, Saint-Gobain, Gypsemna, Mada Gypsum Company, and National Gypsum Company, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support