The global ethylene oxide market is expected to grow with a CAGR greater than 4% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the growing usage of PET in the food & beverage industry. However, the declining automotive industry across the globe is hindering the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing demand for household and personal care products in the developing countries is another major driver for the market studied
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest market share during the forecast period.
- Among the end-user industries, the personal care industry is likely to account for the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Personal Care Industry to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- Ethylene oxide derivatives find their uses in different applications in the household cleaners and personal care products. Ethyleneamines are used as building blocks to produce surfactants.
- A variety of 2-alkyl imidazolines and their salts, prepared mainly from EDA, are reported to have good foaming properties. TEPA, ethoxylated with an average of 17 moles of ethylene oxide, improves the soil redeposition and clay soil removal properties of certain liquid laundry detergents.
- Increasing awareness about the advantages of multi-functional surfactants is also expected to boost the demand for specialty surfactants, during the forecast period.
- The demand for cosmetic products is also increasing rapidly, owing to the demand from markets, such as Japan and China.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the personal care industry is likely to witness the highest growth care industry during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominates the global ethylene oxide market currently. China accounts for the major consumption of ethylene oxide and its derivatives in the Asia-Pacific region. China is the largest market in terms of production and consumption of ethylene oxide in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Ethylene oxide is used in the manufacture of ethylene glycol, which further has multiple applications in the automotive sector, such as additives in lubricants and fuels as an anti-freezing agent, friction modifiers, and coolant. Additionally, acrylonitrile, a derivative of ethylene oxide, is used in the manufacture of rubber, with multiple applications in automobiles, such as tires, insulation, and interiors. Ethylene oxide has a unique application in the manufacture of pesticides and insecticides in the agricultural sector. China has the highest agricultural output globally.
- Additionally, Asia-Pacific witnessing a rapid growth in the demand for glass prepreg market owing to the increasing demand from countries like China, India, and Japan.
- Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest share in the cosmetic market, with Americas and Europe holding the second- and third-largest shares, respectively.
- Asia-Pacific has become the largest consumer, as well as producer of surfactants. The production has reached very high levels, becoming a major hub for the exporting of cosmetics and personal care products to developed nations, like the United States.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest market share during the forecast period.
The global ethylene oxide market is moderately consolidated as the majority of the market share is divided among a few players. Some of the key players in the market include Dow, SABIC, ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC, China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, and BASF SE, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support