The market for healthcare fabrics is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 8% during the forecast period. Increasing usage of cellulose fibers in healthcare applications is a major factor driving the demand of the market studied. However, lack of awareness among consumers likely to hinder the market.
- Asia-pacific dominated the market with a significant share and is estimated to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- The non-woven fabric segment dominated the market owing to the growing application base in developing nations.
Scope of the report
The healthcare fabrics market report includes:
- Other Materials
- Privacy Curtains
- Wall Coverings
- Hygiene Products
- Dressing Products
- Other Applications
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle-East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle-East and Africa
Key Market Trends
Non-woven Fabric the Leading Segment
- Nonwoven fabrics are majorly preferred in the healthcare industry owing to their softness, strength, comfort, stretch ability, cost, and high absorbing ability of liquids.
- The increasing consumer awareness about hygiene and improving quality of healthcare fabrics are expected to propel the growth of healthcare products during the forecast period.
- Some of the other properties of nonwoven fabric that have led to an increase in its application in the healthcare industry include:
- Its ability to mitigate the risk of spreading drug-resistant bacteria, viral, and blood-borne diseases.
- Its ability to be tailored, according to medical specifications and requirements.
- Its environmentally-friendly nature, being disposable without causing harm to the environment.
- Polyester and polypropylene non-woven fabrics are some of the major types of non-woven fabrics. Polyester non-woven fabrics are manufactured by needle punching.
- These fabrics have good heat setting property, excellent elasticity, high wet strength, and good drape characteristics. These fabrics also retain their physical properties in wet conditions and are resistant to humidity changes. They are used in medical/surgical gowns, masks, and drapes.
- The growing investments in healthcare facilities in the Asia-Pacific region are driving the growth of PET nonwoven fabrics in the near future.
The market studied is fragmented with no company holding a significant share in the market. Some of the key players in the market include Knoll, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc., Designtex, and Maharam, among others. Majority of the players are forward integrated across the value chain.