The liquid filling machines market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.57% during the forecast period. Rapid technological advancements and penetration of automated machinery in various industries to minimum human intervention and stringent government regulations for the safety of the production lines are driving the growth of the liquid filling machines market.
- Changing lifestyle, convenience of consumption and increased health awareness are driving the demand for packaged and processed food which in turn is compelling the growth of the liquid filling machines. These are employed to ensure safe, efficient, cost-effective, packaging of liquids, like syrup, oil, wine, ketchup, beer, water, etc. For instance, the total retail and foodservice sales in the United States during FY2018 stood at USD 6.02 trillion and rose by USD 0.25 trillion, as compared to the previous year, according to the US Census Bureau.
- Moreover, according to the USDA Foreign, Agricultural Service studies 2019, the expected sales growth of packaged food in Canada between 2017 and 2022 may be driven by sweet biscuits, snack bars, and fruit snacks with 19.8% growth followed by spreads, edible oil, dairy with 15.8%, 13.8%, and 12.3% respectively. Additionally, according to the same study, the import of packaged food in 2018 was CAD 24.8 billion.
- Furthermore, the rising consumer awareness regarding personal grooming is driving the demand for cosmetic products which in turn is driving the market studied. The face serums and oils have witnessed demand over the past five years, as they offer hydration, moisturization, anti-aging, blemish clearing benefits, and skin repair, among others. These premium products have been witnessing demand among the aging population.
- The filling of cosmetic products such as perfumes, cremes, gels, mascara, and lip gloss requires precision, accuracy, and zero wastage and thus are dependent on modern liquid filling machines with stoppering or sealing features. Therefore, these are in great demand among the cosmetic manufacturers for its versatile features.
- However, high initial investments, and training the company personnel to operate these machines, are few drawbacks, which act as restraints during the forecasted period.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare Industry Will Experience a Significant Growth in Forecast Period
- The pharmaceutical industry is growing at a rapid rate with frequent new research and developments. Most of the pharmaceutical drug manufacturers are investing in developing drugs to broaden the variety of products in their portfolios, which is expected to fuel the market in the future.
- For instance, in March 2019, Canad-based Cambrex Corporation announced that it would double the liquid packaging capacity and weekly output at its Mirabel, Quebec site in Canada, with the addition of a cGMP packaging line and a new filler on the existing packaging line. The company is a small molecule company providing drug substance, drug product, and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle.
- The ongoing research and development in medical science have generated the needs of advanced machinery for bulk drug production, processing, and packaging. Most of the major vendors in the market are advancing their offerings to seize the opportunity. For instance, in December 2019, AeroFlexx, partnered with Fameccanica, to diversify its industrial automated machinery. Fameccanica's expertise is in converting and liquid filling equipment, which is key to the AeroFlexx manufacturing process.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Fastest Growth
- Rapidly growing population, rising income of the people is estimated to increase the demand for packaged products in the food and beverage industry, which will contribute to the growth of the liquid filling machines.
- Moreover, the Government of India has been instrumental in the growth and development of the food processing industry, which accounts for 32% of the country's total food market. The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) is making all efforts to encourage investments in the business also it has approved proposals for joint ventures (JV), foreign collaborations, industrial licenses, and 100% export-oriented units.
- The region is also experiencing high demand for skin care and particularly luxury products, as stated by L'Oreal. It is favored by the rising disposable income of consumers, the trend of online shopping, coupled with an increasing consumer base of people interested in personal hygiene and physical appearance. This is supported by highly populated countries, like India and China, and so most of the cosmetic brands are setting up their manufacturing units in the region and launching their products.
- For instance, in 2019, Pixi, a London-based beauty brand, had entered the Indian cosmetic market. It is currently offering glow tonic range apart from its other product ranges that include skin treats, makeup, the body treats, kits, tools, and a special selection, which comprises of a vast makeup collection.
- Furthermore, the growing threat of the COVID-19 pandemic has prompted pharmaceutical companies to initiate R&D processes to develop a vaccine that can prevent further spread of the novel coronavirus, which in turn has driven the growth of the market. For instance, seven Indian pharma companies, Bharat Biotech, Serum Institute, Zydus Cadila, Panacea Biotec, Indian Immunologicals, Mynvax, and Biological E, are working to co-develop a vaccine against coronavirus.
The liquid filling machines market is concentrated due to the presence of a few major players like Bosch Packaging Technology, GEA Group AG, JBT Corporation, Filling Equipment Co Inc., and Krones Group AG. These major players, with a prominent share in the market, are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability. However, with technological advancements and product innovations, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
- May 2020 - Scholle IPN entered into an agreement with packaging machinery providers, ALLIEDFLEX, to market and sell Scholle IPN filling equipment for bag-in-box and aseptic spouted pouch packaging formats in the North American market. ALLIEDFLEX will market and sell a complete range of filling equipment produced by Scholle IPN including the SureFill 100P-Aseptic, the first aseptically-capable spouted pouch filler on the market.
- May 2020 - The KHS Group invested EUR 20 million in modernizing its headquarters on JuchostraBe in Dortmund, Germany. In a bundle of measures underway since 2015 the company has built a huge, approximately 4,300-m2 production shop and fully renovated another. These steps will help the company to ensure its competitiveness in the long term.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support