The Europe EP mapping and ablation device market will experience moderate growth through 2030 due to favorable reimbursement for ablation procedures, increasing ablation procedure volumes, and the uptake of premium-priced devices. Although the COVID-19 global pandemic had a significant impact on the European EP mapping and ablation device market, resulting in lost procedure volumes in 2020, market recovery is anticipated over the near term, and market growth will resume prepandemic trends within the first half of the forecast period.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for EP mapping and ablation devices in Europe across an 11-year period.
Expansion of the European EP mapping and ablation device market will be driven by increasing procedure volumes, particularly in the AF indication.
- How fast are AF treatment volumes changing, and how does AF treatment volume growth compare to other arrhythmia types?
- How will shifting physician opinion on ablation techniques for treating AF affect device use?
The COVID-19 pandemic will have a significant impact on the European EP mapping and ablation device market.
- To what extent are EP ablation procedures being postponed in Europe?
- When is the recovery of procedures expected to begin?
Several new technologies are being introduced commercially, with more undergoing clinical trials.
- What technologies will enter the market going forward, and when are they expected to be launched?
- How will the uptake of new devices affect pricing trends and revenue growth?
- Which new competitors could enter the market? How is their technology differentiated from what is available today?
The reimbursement landscape for EP mapping and ablation devices differs between European countries.
- How will this affect the adoption of advanced devices that command a premium price?
- What strategies can companies adopt to address the increasing cost consciousness among health care facilities?
The reprocessing of EP catheters continues to affect the EP catheter market.
- To what extent are institutions turning to reprocessed diagnostic and ablation catheters in order to lower costs?
- Which catheters are reprocessed, and what effect does device reprocessing have on market revenues?
- Will the COVID-19 pandemic have an effect on the reprocessing of the EP catheters?