The Japanese heart valve device market is large and expanding, with growth being driven primarily by the rapid adoption of THV devices and an aging population in this country. Additionally, as innovative devices and device types emerge in the coming years, new patient populations will be treated, leading to continued growth in this market.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for heart valve devices in Japan across a 10-year period.
The TAVR device segment represents the largest growth opportunity in the Japanese heart valve device market.
- What types of patients will be eligible for TAVR? What will be the market impact of the approval of expanded indications for TAVR?
- What are some strategies that surgical heart valve manufacturers have used to mitigate the impact of THV device adoption?
- Which new TAVR devices are poised to enter the market? What impact will these newer devices have on market dynamics and market growth?
- How will MHLW reimbursement affect TAVR adoption?
- What other aspects of the Japanese regulatory environment will impact the uptake of TAVR?
Abbott Laboratories' MitraClip approval has introduced TMVR to the Japanese market for the first time.
- How has the market reacted to the launch of this new class of device?
- What impact will TMVR devices have on the surgical annuloplasty repair market?
- Will new TMVR devices be able to compete with MitraClip when they enter the market?
There are a few large entrenched competitors in the Japanese heart valve device market.
- What hurdles exist for new competitors trying to enter the Japanese heart valve device market, and what strategies can they use to overcome these barriers?
- How will new market entrants compete with entrenched competitors?
- How do physician attitudes affect device adoption and brand preference in Japan?