Although the COVID-19 pandemic will have a negative impact on procedure volumes and market growth in 2020, the European CRM device market will grow slowly overall over the forecast period. Increasing competition in the leadless pacemaker and S-ICD markets will result in falling prices and the availability of devices with improved quality. The emergence of smart modules for cardiac monitoring will bolster the ICM market.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the European cardiac rhythm management device market across a 10-year period.
The COVID-19 pandemic will negatively impact the European CRM device market.
- How will challenges facing health care systems during the COVID-19 outbreak impact CRM device procedure volumes and market revenues?
- Which types of procedures will be most impacted?
A number of segments in the European CRM device market are saturated and will remain relatively flat through 2028.
- Which segments are saturated, and which segments continue to see dynamic growth?
- What are the major reasons for the relatively slower growth in procedure volumes in some segments?
- What factors will create pricing pressures, and to what extent will price erosion impact market growth?
Adoption of premium-priced devices will be limited in some European countries because reimbursement of these devices is not well defined.
- What are the factors affecting the adoption of the premium devices in Europe?
- How is reimbursement impacting adoption of premium-priced devices like leadless pacemakers, S-ICDs, and ICMs?
- How does the adoption of these devices vary in different European countries?
MRI-conditionality and other incremental device improvements affect ASPs and the competitiveness of a company's CRM device portfolio.
- Which companies have launched MRI-conditional products?
- How will incremental improvements like remote monitoring and extended battery life provide a competitive edge?
Newer technologies for heart monitoring are keeping the ICM market in a dynamic state.
- How has uptake of next-generation devices such as miniature ICMs affected competition in this space?
- What effect will wearable technologies with heart monitoring capabilities have on the overall ICM market?
Countries with better economic conditions and reimbursement will drive the overall CRM market.
- Which countries will drive growth in the overall European CRM device market?
- How will differences in economic conditions and reimbursement impact the CRM device market in specific countries?