The US EP mapping and ablation device market will experience moderate growth through 2029 due to favorable reimbursement for ablation procedures, increasing ablation procedure volumes, and the uptake of premium-priced devices. However, the COVID-19 global pandemic will have a significant impact on the US EP mapping and ablation device market, resulting in lost procedure volumes in the short term followed by a period of recovery.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for EP mapping and ablation devices in the US across a 10-year period.
AF continues to be a focus among electrophysiologists.
- How will the 2019 update of the AHA/ACC/HRS Guideline for the Management of Patients with AF affect AF ablation procedure volumes?
- How will the results of the CABANA and CASTLE-AF trials affect AF procedure growth? Specifically, how will payers use subgroup analysis from the CABANA trial to inform which patients to reimburse for AF ablation?
- How fast are AF treatment volumes changing, and how does AF treatment volume growth compare to other arrhythmia types?
The EP diagnostic and ablation catheter segments account for significant market revenues.
- How do the EP lab system and catheter markets compare?
- What are the changing catheter preferences among electrophysiologists?
- In which markets do competitors benefit most directly from growth trends?
Several new technologies are being introduced commercially, with more undergoing clinical trials.
- What technologies will enter the market going forward, and when are they expected to be launched?
- How will the uptake of new devices affect pricing trends and revenue growth?
- Which new competitors could enter the market? How is their technology differentiated than what is available today?
The reprocessing of diagnostic catheters continues to affect the EP diagnostic catheter market.
- To what extent are institutions turning to reprocessed devices in order to lower costs?
- Which catheters are reprocessed, and what effect does device reprocessing have on market revenues?