The COVID-19 pandemic will negatively impact the European GI endoscopy device market. Once the market stabilizes, however, it will expand moderately through 2029, due to the saturation of this space, a lack of innovation in most device segments, and relatively low reimbursement for GI endoscopy across Europe. Market expansion will be driven by procedure volume growth and the introduction of novel devices in the capsule endoscope and Barrett's esophagus ablation device markets.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for GI endoscopy devices in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK across a 10-year period.
The COVID-19 pandemic will affect the GI endoscopic device market.
- To what extent will the COVID-19 pandemic impact the market in Europe?
- Which procedures are going to be affected the most during the pandemic?
- How quickly are procedure volumes expected to rebound?
Screening guidelines in Europe will have an impact on some GI endoscopy device markets.
- What guidelines have recently been put in place and how will these guidelines impact procedure volumes?
- Which markets will see the greatest growth from increased participation in screening programs?
Videoscope sales will be negatively affected by concerns surrounding the contamination of reprocessed scopes.
- How have concerns surrounding the contamination of reprocessed videoscopes impacted procedure volumes and sales in Europe?
- What are the latest innovations and guidelines that could mitigate the risk of contamination?
AI and robotics are increasingly being incorporated into GI endoscopy devices.
- How are AI and robotics being used in the field of GI endoscopy?
- How will the increased utilization of advanced technologies, such as AI and robotics, impact GI endoscopy procedure volumes?
- Which competitors are best positioned to benefit from this trend?
Markets with innovative devices will experience faster growth.
- What will drive the adoption of premium-priced innovative devices, such as capsule endoscopes and Barrett's esophagus ablation devices?
- Are any innovative products expected in relatively more mature market segments?