The COVID-19 pandemic will have a limited negative impact on the US GI endoscopy device market; although many screening and elective interventional procedures will be postponed, urgent procedures will continue to be performed. Once the market recovers, it will expand moderately through 2029, due to new treatment and screening guidelines, as well as the introduction of less invasive screening and therapeutic technologies, which will support procedure volumes across the US. However, continued hospital consolidation, reimbursement changes, and the ongoing shift toward value-based care in the US will limit market expansion to some degree.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for GI endoscopy devices in the US across a 10-year period.
The COVID-19 pandemic will affect the GI endoscopy device market.
- To what extent will the COVID-19 pandemic impact the GI endoscopy device market in US?
- Which procedures are going to be affected the most during the pandemic?
- How quickly are procedure volumes expected to rebound?
The US GI endoscopy device market will continue to be affected by the shift from FFS to value-based payment models.
- How will the shift toward value-based payment models affect GI endoscopy procedure volumes?
- Which device segments are driving market growth?
- What innovations are supporting device ASPs?
CRC screening recommendation updates and the increased availability of alternative tests will support colonoscopy procedure volumes.
- What are the latest CRC screening recommendations?
- To what extent will colonoscopy procedure volumes be impacted by alternative CRC tests?
Increasing innovation in the EMR device market will have a notable impact on procedure volumes.
- What are the latest innovations in this market?
- How will EMR innovation affect colonic and esophageal EMR procedural volumes in particular?
Concerns surrounding the contamination of reprocessed duodenoscopes, coupled with recent recalls in this space, will represent key factors in the duodenoscope space throughout the forecast period.
- How have these recalls impacted procedure volumes and sales?
- What are the latest innovations that could mitigate the risk of infections?
- Which competitors are best positioned to improve their competitive standing by addressing these issues?
Mergers and acquisitions continue to play a substantial role in the GI endoscopy device market.
- What competitive strategies are driving these mergers and acquisitions?
- How have mergers and acquisitions influenced market shares?