The European market for PV devices is a dynamic market that will grow steadily through 2029, driven by the availability of new products backed by clinical data. However, market revenues will be hindered to some extent by declining ASPs resulting from pricing pressures, increasing competition and the impact of COVID-19 pandemic.
This Medtech 360 Report provides comprehensive data and analysis on the current state of the market for PV devices in Europe across a 10-year period.
The COVID-19 pandemic will cause a minimal decline in overall PV procedures and revenues in 2020.
- What factors will contribute to the decline in PV device market?
- To what degree will the pandemic affect different PV device segments?
- How soon will procedure volumes, sales, and revenues recover over the forecast period?
A meta-analysis was published in 2018 that showed an increased risk of death associated with paclitaxel-coated balloons and stents after 2 years.
- How has this study impacted the European markets for DCBs and DES?
- How has this study impacted physicians' perception of these products?
- Which companies will be affected and how?
- What strategies are the concerned companies employing to counteract the effects of the study?
PV DCBs have experienced strong growth in the years following their commercial launch.
- To what degree will DCBs be adopted in Europe over the forecast period?
- In which countries will DCBs see the fastest market growth?
- Will DCBs or DES become the standard drug-eluting solution for BTK lesions?
- Which competitors are likely to enter the DCB market, and which will gain the most market share?
- How will DCB uptake affect use of other PV devices, such as stents, standard balloon catheters, and atherectomy devices?
- Will the emergence of DCBs have an impact on recently established DES usage?
- Which new indications will drive growth in the DCB market?
Competitors are developing DES and DCBs that do not use paclitaxel.
- What companies are developing these products?
- What impact will the approval of such products have on use of existing devices?
DCBs and DES manufacturers have invested in clinical trials to expand their offerings in indications such as BTK.
- Which trials will impact the adoption of DCBs and DES for the BTK indication?
- What has been physicians' preferred approach to treat lesions in the BTK indication?
Budgetary constraints continue to affect the European PV device market.
- What effect are GPOs having on the European PV device market?
- How fast will ASPs erode and which countries will experience the greatest erosion?
- How can companies mitigate this downward pricing pressure?