This report can help in:
- Assessing the world market for small joints and extremities reconstruction
(arthroplasty), growth segments and opportunities.
- Understanding market drivers and restraints, market segmentation, market
shares and competitive segmentation.
- Strategic planning and competitive strategy.
- Identifying opportunities for partnerships and alliances.
- The world market for small joint and extremity reconstruction
(arthroplasty) is estimated around approach close to $1 billion by the end of
2012. This market will grow at a CAGR of about 9 percent over the forecast
- Key product segments: The shoulder replacement is the largest
product segment; the US is the largest geographic segment.
- Key Drivers: Prevalence of disabling joint diseases in aging
populations and young people engaging in sports and fitness; new technology,
patient awareness and demand for treatment options that offer an alternative
to arthrodesis are important drivers. Skyrocketing rates of co-morbidities
such as diabetes and obesity are adding to the risk of developing degenerative
- Key Restraints: High rate of complications, failure and revision
have plagued the small joint replacement market. Other restraints include a
severe shortage of trained surgeons, reimbursement restrictions and regulatory
- Leaders: Well-established orthopedic specialists such as DePuy,
Biomet, Tornier and Zimmer. Mid-tier players are Stryker and Smith & Nephew
andWright Medical. All these providers also offer the top brands of hip and
knee replacements. Highly reputed niche players in small joint replacements
are Integra Life Sciences and Small Bone Innovations.
Sample Data Chart
USA- ANKLE RECONSTRUCTION MARKET - REVENUE FORECASTS
($ Million, 2010 tp 2018)
Note: Key data/information in this chart is hidden, while in the report is not.
Marketstrat specializes in Medical Market Research. We assist companies with
market, technology, and best practice strategies & intelligence, through a
unique combination of published reports, solutions, and services.
Our strengths include: a deep understanding of the medical devices
value chain, state-of-the-art data collection tools, and a robust research
- Publication Date: July 2012
- Total Number of Pages: 192 pages; 63 data tables; 56 charts
- Regions Covered: US, Europe, Japan, ROW
- Product Segments: Digits (Fingers, Toes), Wrist, Elbow, Shoulder, Ankle
- Company Profiles: 21 Companies
- Market Estimates/ Forecasts: Revenues ($) and Unit Sales for