This market study “Linear Resistors: World Markets, Technologies & Opportunities: 2019-2024” from Paumanok Publications, Inc. updates the 30-year commitment Paumanok has made to study the global fixed resistor business. The results, published here detail the global market for linear resistors including thick film chip resistors, multichip resistor arrays, SIP and DIP resistor networks; wirewound resistors, nichrome resistors, tin-oxide resistors, carbon film resistors, bulk metal foil and thin film resistors.
- I. INTRODUCTION: Describes the methodology and scope of coverage- the basic definitions of linear resistors.
- II. TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW: This breaks down the linear resistor markets into to categories by resistive element, which are generally based upon thick and thin film materials such as ruthenium oxide, nichrome film and foil, nichrome wire and TaN films. Various case sizes and related markets and resistor configurations are also discussed.
- III. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: This section shows lead time trends for 13 different sub-types of resistors based upon resistive element, configuration and case size and shows 85 months of lead time data to support forecasts.
- IV. RESISTOR MARKETS BY TYPE: This section discusses resistor markets by technology; thick film, nichrome, carbon, thin film- and by tolerance, power rating, voltage and case size.
- V. RESISTOR MARKETS BY END-USE MARKET SEGMENT: The study addresses the global markets for linear resistors by end-use market segment and breaks down worldwide demand from the industrial, computer, telecommunications, computer, home theatre, automotive and specialty end-use market segments.
- VI. RESISTOR MARKETS BY WORLD REGION AND COUNTRY: The study breaks out resistor consumption value in three primary regions and 18 different countries.. This is based upon Paumanok's detailed analysis of 30 years of EM545 and IM145 related shipment data.
- VII. COMPETITION: The study offers detailed market share information for thick film chips, wirewound, nichrome film, tin oxide and thin film resistors.
- VIII. FORECASTS: Global market forecasts are given in terms of value, volume and pricing for each resistor product by type and sub-category for each year to 2024.