A “green tire” is defined as a tire optimised for low rolling resistance, using materials - especially elastomers - that are from renewable (sustainable) materials.
- The global market is estimated at $81.6 billion in 2018, and forecasted to increase CAGR of 10.9% through 2023.
- Key market drivers derive from growing concerns and regulations relating to greenhouse gas emissions, the availability and environmental impact of tire raw materials tire demand grows.
- The largest segment continues to be low rolling resistance “energy” tires, but sustainability concerns are leading to rapid penetration of renewable materials.
- Positive trends continue in economic growth, vehicle production, replacement demand in a range of consumer, commercial and more specialised applications.
- The evolution of transportation modes (e.g. electric and autonomous vehicles) will help adoption.
Our exclusive content:
- Quantitative forecasts that break down markets by material and process, end use and region
- Statistical data for the size of the global green tire market today and to 2023
- Exclusive tables and figures showing global demand and volume and value data
What methodology is used?
The data and information for this report were gathered using a combination of primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of interviews with specialists, including fuel companies, tire fillers, raw material suppliers and additive suppliers. Secondary research consisted of a review of published material, conference proceedings and information from organisations and companies involved in the production, supply and use of tires and their ingredients. These data were analysed to provide estimates and forecasts for the tire markets by end-use sector, type and region.
What will you discover?
- Identify and examine current and emerging sustainable technologies for tires, including materials used, production processes and recycling or disposing of end-of-life tires
- Learn about commercial and automotive vehicle tires, as well as other niche markets
- Understand global trends, and factors that may affect the industry
- Find out about cutting-edge technology developments
Who should buy this report?
- Raw material suppliers
- Rubber, chemical and equipment suppliers
- Processers, producers and users of tires
- Tire fillers and additive suppliers
- Industry consultants and analysts