The global elastomer market was estimated to be over 29 million tonnes in 2013.
Consumption was primarily general purpose elastomers, including natural rubber, styrenebutadiene
rubbers, polybutadiene rubber, butyl rubber and ethylene-propylene-dienemonomer
rubber; 5% was represented by specialty elastomers -- including silicone, acrylate,
olefin and thermoplastic elastomers. The Future of Specialty Elastomers to 2019 covers,
in-depth, the global specialty elastomers' market and describes in detail the individual
elastomers, their market by type and by end use, as well as future developments to 2019.
Smithers Rapra's in-house primary research - supported by extensive industry
data - underpins both our appraisal of existing market conditions and our
forecasting. Primary research involved interviews with industry personnel from
across the value chain, including leading suppliers, manufacturers and end
users. Discussions with industry influencers supplemented this research.
Secondary research was based on an extensive literature review of market and
company reports, magazine and journal abstracts, packaging trends, market
information and Smithers Rapra's conference papers augments our findings.
FIND OUT ABOUT
- Specialty elastomer applications over the next five years - including
those for high heat and chemical resistance.
- Trends by end use for tires, building and construction, industrial
products, footwear, medical and healthcare, and more
- Feed stock availability and dynamics, current production process and
specialty elastomer applications
HOW WILL THIS MARKET INTELLIGENCE REPORT BENEFIT YOU?
- Learn about cutting-edge developments by elastomer type
- Use strategic perspectives on new materials and applications, and
opportunities for informed planning and positioning
- Find out how elastomer consumption breaks down geographically, and what's
driving global growth
WHO SHOULD BUY THIS REPORT?
- Natural and synthetic rubber and polymer suppliers
- Elastomer producers and users
- Elastomer processing and testing equipment suppliers
- Rubber and polymer additive suppliers
- Consultants and analysts
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- An electronic version of the report in PDF format. You may add a hardcopy
version (mailed to you) to the electronic version - see the order form for
- Five-year market forecasts
- Analyses of key trends, strategic market forecasts and extensive tables