A detailed data-driven examination of the current and future supply, demand and consumption of carbon black in all key end-use applications
- Global consumption of carbon black from all feedstocks will reach 14.8 million tonnes in 2018. This market is examined in-depth in the new Smithers Rapra report The Future of Carbon Black to 2023; including growth factors in the global economy and end-use sectors that will push this market to nearly 18.0 million tons in 2023.
- Smithers Rapra's quantitative analysis segments the current and future across multiple key metrics - feedstock type, end-use application, geographic region and over 50 national markets.
- Drawing on an exclusive research program this is further contextualised by analysis of the impact of broader economic trends; regulatory developments; technology evolution and shifting market priorities in tires and other key end-use applications.
Our exclusive content:
- Over 120 data tables and figures dissecting the worldwide market for carbon black feedstocks and grades across the period 2018-2023 by value ($ million) and volume ('000 tonnes)
- Exclusive insight into the evolving trends in the rubber and tire industry, and their impact on selection and use of carbon black.
What methodology is used?
The Future of Carbon Black to 2023 is founded on an exclusive primary and secondary research program covering all phases of the carbon black production industry.
The capacity information was developed from multiple media sources, company reports, industry associations and websites. This was then combined with trade statistics from official forces and governmental import/export agencies and cross-referenced with Smithers Rapra's own extensive database spanning the global tire, rubber, plastics and inks markets.
This was further verified through a primary research with key companies active in the carbon black market in 2018.
This was further confirmed and contextualised by extensive secondary research; including scrutiny of industry publications; regional and local news organisations; press releases; patent and technical literature data stores; attendance at key industry conferences and trade shows.
What will you discover?
- Future growth in production, consumption and imports of carbon black across the period 2018-2023.
- Profiles of key individual countries and regions, giving a definitive picture of their commercial landscape and detailing changes in installed capacity for carbon black.
- Drawing on Smithers Rapra's in-depth studies of the tire market, analysis of the how industry trends like tire recycling and lower rolling resistance will drive future use of carbon black in this critical sector.
Who should buy this report?
- Carbon black producers
- Carbon black processors and equipment suppliers
- Carbon black traders
- Users of carbon black in the tire and other end-use segments
- Industry consultants