This study provides analysis of the automotive market for semiconductors and is an update of the report last published by Semicast on this market in November 2016. The study looks at demand for many of the key automotive systems found in passenger cars and light trucks and then rationalizes that demand to forecasts and trends for semiconductor consumption. Base year is 2017 with forecasts provided to 2024.
For detailed information on the market for automotive electronic controllers, covering body & chassis, powertrain, safety & ADAS and security, please refer to the Semicast report "Automotive Electronic Controllers ".
For detailed information on the market for audio-only systems, front seat infotainment, rear seat entertainment, embedded navigation systems and embedded communications modules, please refer to the Semicast report "Automotive Audio, Infotainment & Navigation Systems ".
- Coverage of the total market for automotive semiconductors, including OE and aftermarket.
- Estimate for worldwide production volumes of 38 OE automotive systems, with forecasts to 2024.
- Segmentation of semiconductor market into 19 product types, with forecasts to 2024.
- Regional analysis of automotive semiconductor market by North America, Europe, Japan, China and Rest of the World, with forecasts to 2024.
- Analysis of supplier market shares for OE automotive semiconductors in 2016.
- Highly quantitative analysis, with discussion summarized in short, easy to read bullet points.
- PDF and Excel delivery options available.
Automotive System Coverage
The system types included in the study are as follows:
- Body & Chassis : Electronic Steering, Electronic Suspension, Conventional Cruise Control, Door Electronics, Seat Electronics, Electronic Instrument Clusters, Center Stack Displays, Smart Junction Boxes, Air Conditioning, Electric Parking Brake, Rain & Light Sensors, Passive Park Assist, Exterior Solid State Lighting, Other Body & Chassis.
- Powertrain : Engine Control & Ignition, Automatic Transmission.
- Safety : Smart Airbag, Passive Airbag, Tire Pressure Warning, ABS/TCS, Electronic Stability Control, Brake-by-wire.
- ADAS : Autonomous Park Assist, Intelligent Cruise Control (SAE L1), Automated Driving Computer (SAE L2-5), Driver Monitoring Systems, Blind Spot Monitoring, Night Vision Assist, Head-Up Display.
- OE Security : Keyless Entry, Alarms & Immobilizers, Vehicle Tracking.
- OE Entertainment : Audio-only Source Units, Front Seat Infotainment, Rear Seat Entertainment, Embedded Navigation Systems, Embedded Communications Modules, Amplifiers, Autochangers.
- Aftermarket : Audio-only Source Units, Front Seat Infotainment, Rear Seat Entertainment, Embedded Navigation Systems, Amplifiers, Autochangers, Alarms & Immobilizers.
Semiconductor Market Segmentation
In each main system area (ADAS, Safety, Powertrain, OE Security etc.) the study provides analysis of the market for automotive semiconductors into 19 product types, as follows:
- 4/8-bit MCU
- 16-bit MCU
- 32/64-bit MCU/MPU
- Gate Arrays & Standard Cells
- Other Logic
- General Purpose Analog
- Application Specific Analog
- Other Discretes & Modules
- Actuators & Sensors
- PROM/EPROM/Flash/Other Memory
- Image Sensors & MMICs
- Other Optoelectronics
Further segmentation of the 32/64-bit MCU/MPU category is also provided by architecture, as follows:
- ARM MCU
- ARM MPU
- Power Architecture
- Other 32/64-bit