Prescription Pharmaceuticals Market
by Therapeutic Segments (Cardiovascular Disorders, Inflammatory Conditions, Metabolic Disorders, Oncology, Respiratory Disorders, Others), Formulations (Capsules, Inhalants, Parenterals, Tablets, Topicals) - Global Revenue, Trends, Growth, Share, Size and Forecast to 2020.
Prescription Pharmaceuticals Market to grow from USD 761.85 billion in 2016 and reach USD 918.74 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period.
Our industry experts anticipate that within the prescription pharmaceuticals market, the infectious disease will be the fastest-growing therapeutic segment, growing at a CAGR ranging from 5% to 10% by 2020. In addition, capsules will be the largest as well as the fastest-growing formulation segment, growing at a CAGR ranging from 5% to 10% by 2020. The Asia-Pacific region will be the fastest-growing geographic segment of the market, growing at a CAGR of more than 6% during the forecast period.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- Extensive evaluation of all the market dynamics that will impact this market during the forecast period
- Granular understanding of the historical market trend and the resultant market forecast
- Deeper understanding of the behavior of the key players and innovators influencing this market
KEY PREMIUM INDUSTRY INSIGHTS:
- The increase in the aging population and lengthening life expectancies, the rising affluence in the emerging markets and the widespread prevalence of the chronic diseases are the major drivers of the prescription pharmaceuticals market.
- The evolution of the population structure will increase the pressure on the long-term publicly-funded health support programs for the elderly, driving the demand for the prescription pharmaceuticals market.
- There will be a paradigm shift from the acute to chronic illnesses, thereby leading to an increased use of the prescription pharmaceuticals. Chronic diseases, namely, heart diseases, strokes, cancer, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and arthritis pose a serious threat to the health of the world population.
- The factors such as the rising average age of the population and the changing epidemiologic profile of the global population are the major contributors to the high prevalence of the chronic diseases.
- The management of chronic diseases is costly, primarily due to the high cost of the prescription pharmaceuticals. For instance, the cost of the management of diabetes is projected to increase to USD 745 billion by 2030.
- The rise in the generic and biosimilar products and the changing government policies will act as the major restraints for the growth of this market.
This report analyzes the prescription pharmaceuticals market by the following segments:
Prescription Pharmaceuticals Market, by Therapeutic Segments
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Inflammatory Conditions
- Infectious Diseases
- Metabolic Disorders
- Respiratory Disorders
- Other Therapeutic Segments
Prescription Pharmaceuticals Market, by Formulations
- Inhalants and Liquids
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
Key players in the prescription pharmaceuticals market include:
- AG, Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc,
- Johnson & Johnson,
- Merck & Co, A.G.,
- Pfizer, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche