According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Monoclonal Antibodies Market is accounted for $230.6 billion in 2023 and is expected to reach $591.5 billion by 2030 growing at a CAGR of 14.4% during the forecast period. Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) are a class of proteins with the capacity to attach to particular cell types. These are identical immunoglobulins that recognise a specific binding site on the antigen and were produced by a single B-cell. MAbs are being utilised more frequently for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes for various diseases because of their selectivity to distinct epitopes. Monoclonal antibodies are now widely used to treat a variety of conditions, including cancer, cardiovascular illness, autoimmune disorders, blood disorders, and infectious diseases.
According to the World Health Organization, in 2020, around 10 million people died due to cancer worldwide. This has proportionated one third deaths due to cancer in respective year.
- Favourability for personalised medicine has increased.
- The desire for personalised medicine is increasing as research and development of therapeutic antibodies has paved the way for targeted therapies because different people respond and behave differently to a given medication. Since monoclonal antibodies are used in cancer therapy, these treatments are less likely to cause adverse effects than traditional chemotherapy. The development of the market is anticipated to be aided by personalised cancer therapy and fewer adverse effects from monoclonal antibodies.
- Stringent regulatory issues.
- The market's expansion is hindered by strict regulatory requirements pertaining to drug approvals and drug testing. Additionally, a number of nations prohibit the testing of medicines on people before they have received the required authorisation. The ability of commercially available treatments to cure once-incurable diseases has paved the path for the introduction of ground-breaking drugs to the market. The market's expansion is hampered by the numerous regulatory compliances that are associated with these medications.
- Increase in the incidence of cancer.
- One of the main factors influencing the market's growth rate is the rising incidence of cancer. Due to the rapidly expanding global market for monoclonal antibodies, monoclonal antibodies are increasingly being employed in the treatment of numerous tumours in industrialised nations. Rapid increases in the prevalence of rare and chronic infectious diseases, as well as the large number of monoclonal antibodies recommended for use in cancer treatment regimens, have provided the market with potential for revenue growth.
- High cost associated with monoclonal antibodies.
- Monoclonal antibodies are still only employed in industrialised nations and not in emerging or poor nations due to the high cost of production. Such high drug costs can impede uptake and restrict access to medicines for sizable patient populations in poor nations. The high expenditures of the development and the subsequent price increase may limit market expansion.
- The pandemic had three main effects on the economy: it directly influenced drug demand and production, it disrupted distribution systems, and it had a financial impact on businesses and financial markets. The market for monoclonal antibodies has benefited from the impact since these antibodies work to prevent and treat early infections. Monoclonal antibodies are being used by numerous businesses in an effort to develop an effective vaccine for a novel corona virus disease. The researchers are assisted by government agencies by their approval of crises.
- The cancer segment is expected to be the largest during the forecast period
- The cancer segment is expected to be the largest during the forecast period, owing to increased prevalence of cancer. This expansion is simply ascribed to the increased demand for monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of various cancers. One of the main reasons why there is such a large demand for monoclonal antibodies among cancer patients is their increased effectiveness in the treatment of cancer with minimal or no adverse effects.
- The hospital pharmacy segment is expected to have the highest CAGR during the forecast period
- The hospital pharmacy segment is expected to have the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is due to a rise in hospital admissions brought on by the rising prevalence of a number of chronic diseases like cancer, autoimmune disorders, and rheumatoid arthritis. The market income of hospital pharmacy has increased as a result of greater access to modern healthcare services. These pharmacies are an easy way to purchase a variety of medications due to the large variety of products and drugs they carry.
Region with largest share:
North America is projected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period, owing to the strong presence of key business players and number of product approvals. Demand for monoclonal antibodies in the local market is driven by increased product acceptance for efficient disease treatment. In addition, rising R&D spending by businesses and government funding for cancer research have facilitated the development of innovative monoclonal antibody treatments.
Region with highest CAGR:
Asia Pacific is projected to hold the highest CAGR over the forecast period, due to the increasing disposable income and rising focus on healthcare. The main causes that are anticipated to increase the prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases in the population are the rising consumption of processed foods, rising smoking rates, and rising tobacco use. Additionally, the growing elderly population will have a favourable effect on sales in the near future.
Key players in the market:
Some of the key players in Monoclonal Antibodies market include: Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Viatris Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Eli Lilly And Company, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Biogen Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., AstraZeneca plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novo Nordisk A/S, Sanofi S.A., Merck & Co., Inc., Amgen Inc., Bayer AG and Lonza Group.
- In March 2022, Sanofi S.A. and Blackstone Life Sciences entered a collaboration for accelerating the development of a subcutaneous formulation of Sarclisa mAb for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma.
- In February 2022, Bebtelovimab is an antibody that can reduce the effects of Omicron variant. Eli Lilly and Company announced that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the United States had given bebtelovimab an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
- In January 2022, Lonza and HaemaLogiX Ltd. (HaemaLogiX) made a deal for Lonza to make the next clinical batch (cGMP) of KappaMab, HaemaLogiX's most important treatment candidate for multiple myeloma.
Source types Covered:
- Other Source Types
Production Types Covered:
Route of Administration Covered:
Distribution Channels Covered:
- Other End Users
- Online Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
End Users Covered:
- Specialty Centers
- Research Institutes
- Other End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Covers Market data for the years 2021, 2022, 2023, 2026, and 2030
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
- Company Profiling
- Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
- SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
- Regional Segmentation
- Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the client's interest (Note: Depends on feasibility check)
- Competitive Benchmarking
- Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances