Social media advertising spend in the France stood at US$275 million by end of 2013, accounting for 6.4% of online advertising. During 2009-2013, social media advertising in the country has increased at a CAGR of 52.6%. This growth is expected to continue in 2014 with brands expected to spend US$392 million, representing an increase of 42.6% over 2013. Over the forecast period (2014-2018), Socintel360 expects social media ad spend to grow at a CAGR of 32.8% to reach US$1.2 billion in 2018, accounting for 21.1% of the online advertising spend.
This report provides detailed social media advertising spend database, covering in-depth trend analysis across segments and themes for a period of 10 years (2010-2019). This report provides trend analysis through charts and tables. The social media advertising spend database breaks down into following nine key areas -
- Market Share of Social Media: This report provides social media advertising spend growth dynamics, contextualizing it with broader online advertising spend.
- Budget Allocation: This report provides budget allocation by key segments including advertising, staffing, consulting, and technology.
- Channel Split: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by desktop and mobile channels.
- Format Split: This report provides break down by the following formats:
- Display Ad Spend
- Video Ad Spend
Each of the format segments above is broken down further into channel - desktop and mobile.
- Industry Split: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend across 14 key industry verticals.
- Food & Beverages
- Health & Beauty
- Technology & ICT Services
- Leisure Travel & Tourism
- Financial Services
- Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
- Public Sector
- Real estate
- Advertising Objectives: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by key marketing objectives:
- Direct Sales
- Lead Generation/Increase Traffic
- Product Launch
- By Gaming: This report provides breakdown of social gaming advertising spend by following categories:
- Around Games & Apps Environment Ad Spend
- In Game Environment Ad Spend
- In Game Immersive Ad Spend
- Exclusive Advertising Games Spend
- By Social Networking Sites: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by key platforms (sites) for a period of 5 years (2010-2014).
- Macroeconomic, Business and Consumer Drivers: Data centric trend analysis of business environment, infrastructure, technology and consumer trends driving the growth of social media advertising spend
This report answers the following key questions:
- How is social media advertising spending expected to grow over the next five years?
- How much is being spent on social media advertising by industry?
- How is social media marketing budget being allocated and utilized?
- Which marketing objectives are driving the advertising spend on social media?
- Which advertising formats are gaining popularity on social media to target consumers?
- Which social media sites are gaining / losing market share?
- How is social media mobile advertising spending expected to grow over the next five years?