The Smart Grid started as an advancement of electricity network distribution. It has advanced to being an enabler for Grid Edge technologies, as an essential component of Internet of Things and digital energy.
This comprehensive report outlines the development of this market, identifying the new drivers. The Smart Grid market is forging ahead and changing year by year.
- Smart Grid market profiles for 52 countries in detail.
- Electricity Smart Meter sales in value and $ value from 2013 to 2023 for 52 countries.
- The report concentrates on the new Smart Meter market but does not ignore the traditional meters which still account for significant demand.
- Meter analysis by category for 52 countries - AMI/AMR, Standard Electronic, Electromechanical, Prepayment, C&I, Grid - in Units, $ Value, Average $ Price per Unit from 2018 to 2023.
- Total electricity market demand for 213 countries in units and $ value from 2013 to 2023.
- Two drivers for Smart Grid are identified - the traditional ‘electrical' driver of the network which have powered it so far, and the ‘Grid Edge' driver, the report shows how Smart Grid is an essential component of the Grid Edge, the IoT and related technologies.
- The report outlines Grid Edge developments which are driving Smart Grid in each market - Distributed Generation, Renewables and DER, Electric Vehicles & V2G, District Heating and Smart City.
- The Smart Grid markets are rated on a scale for their development in each Grid Edge technology and scores calculated for each country indicating its need for Smart Grid.
- Profiles of electricity utility meter markets in 57 countries, over 96% of global capacity.
- Mergers & acquisition activity of top smart meter vendors - Landis+Gyr, Itron, Elster, Sensus, GE Grid Solutions, Aclara, Trilliant.
- Profiles of top 10 Smart Grid vendors - ABB, Aclara, EMeter, GE Grid Solutions, IBM, Landis+Gyr, Itron, Opower, SEL, Siemens, Silver Spring.
- Market shares of Top 50 electricity meter vendors, vendors identified in each market.
- The demand cycle is plotted in three phases - historical, present and future. Before the new technolo-gies well established predictable cycles of demand based on new installations and replacements could be plotted for every market. The large deployments and national rollouts of smart meters with shorter design lives have disrupted these patterns and new trends are already emerging.
The following countries have detailed profiles of the utility and network background, development of Smart Metering, related to the IoT and Grid Edge.
- Europe - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
- North America - USA, Canada, Mexico
- South America - Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia
- Middle East - Iran, Saudi Arabia
- North Africa - Egypt, North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa - South Africa
- Asia Pacific - China, India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vi-etnam, Australia, New Zealand
- Smart metering technical and non-technical lessons based on experiences of utilities installing Smart Grids, technical and practical advice.
- A review of cybersecurity and the Smart Grid.