The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire South African travel and tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in South Africa for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries and others
- Detailed market classification across each category, with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries
South Africa's natural resources and cultural heritage attract tourists from around the world. The country's travel and tourism sector performed well during the review period (2009-2013), supported by a rise in international arrivals, which is the key driving force in the country's tourism sector. The government has identified tourism as an important sector for economic growth and has been making efforts to develop and promote tourism at both domestic and international levels. Launched in 2011, the National Tourism Sector Strategy (NTSS) is a primary government initiative.
This report provides an extensive analysis related to the tourism demands and flows in South Africa:
- It details historical values for the South African tourism sector for 2009-2013, along with forecast figures for 2014-2018
- It provides comprehensive analysis of travel and tourism demand factors, with values for both the 2009-2013 review period and the 2014-2018 forecast period
- The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in South Africa.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries, with values for both the 2009-2013 review period and the 2014-2018 forecast period.
Reasons To Buy
- Take strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the South African travel and tourism sector.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the South African travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities.